Traktor Pro 2 grid marker without cue point? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Normally would say the same thing just a little nicer, but since these guys are being a little rough on you this morning.

Go to Preferences>File management and uncheck store beat marker as hot cues
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Normally would say the same thing just a little nicer, but since these guys are being a little rough on you this morning.
    It's cause you have kids. You're too warm hearted.
    Live Gear : MacBook Pro 13" & 15" (depends which one I grab), Kontrol S4, Midi-Fighter, Shure SRH750DJ, Dedication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    itajen just told Chilly to read the fucking manual... lol
    *takes hat off and bows to itajen*
    Be the change you want to see in the world.

I gave some advice, but I don't have the Traktor manual at work. Plus I get really bored at work sometimes which can lead to over zealous flaming from time to time.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Thank you! I found it :-)

Tech Wizard

What if he couldn't read? What if he was at work and just wanted a quick answer so he could get it done at home right away rather than wasting precious play time on reading? I don't see why its such a problem to ask, if you don't want to help don't say anything... Works both ways.
    MBP & a i5-2500k/asus p8p67 pro/8gb (1600mhz)ram/ Win7 x64 - Kontrol S4 - KRK 5s

Quote Originally Posted by nerve View Post
    What if he couldn't read? What if he was at work and just wanted a quick answer so he could get it done at home right away rather than wasting precious play time on reading? I don't see why its such a problem to ask, if you don't want to help don't say anything... Works both ways.
    Actually, that was exactly the case. I jumped in here quickly from my iPhone to ask because I really did not find the setting when I had a look around. If people here weren't asking things, we wouldn't have a lot of posts on the forum. This one was simple, but I overlooked it somehow. Some people ask about beatmatching, how to beat grid tracks or anything else related to Traktor. The answer can almost always be "RTFM" but I find it highly inappropriate and not very friendly.
    Check out my pages on SoundCloud and MixCloud

Gear: rMBP15" + Traktor Kontrol S4 + S4 Flight Case + Traktor Pro + iPad with Traktor DJ + Tonium Pacemaker

RTFM can often be appropriate. I'm not saying always, and to be fair in this case it was marginal, but if someone asks a question that is full explained in the manual they really should know the answer. I've answered plenty of simple questions here in the last few months, but now and then RTFM justified.

You'll notice it wasn't me that said it, but I'm not outright condemning its use.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

While I don't disagree with RTFM.. as I have to deal with it on a daily basis, as I work in technology. Honestly, it can be overlooked or someone skimmed or it may be in the section you're not reading. Sometimes its just quicker to ask. Like he said, asked from his phone so when he's home he has the instant response to make it happen. Reading the manual at a later point will for sure broaden his knowledge of the product and technology. It just never hurts to ask, and surely no one should be punished for asking. No question(s) is/are stupid...?

I'm also not stating he's right or wrong, but I'm arguing both sides of it. I think it was fair enough to ask due to the nature of a forum, its left to you the user to reply or not. No one forced anyone to reply and thats what I was bothered by.
    MBP & a i5-2500k/asus p8p67 pro/8gb (1600mhz)ram/ Win7 x64 - Kontrol S4 - KRK 5s

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I like cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    I like cats.
    Cats can't bark though!! I like things that can bark!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast