Looping on Xponent with T Pro

Default Looping on Xponent with T Pro

Hey guys,

I finally persuaded my friend to switch to traktor pro for our gigs and ditch Torq. We use an Xponent and recently got a NanoPad aswell (it rules!). I downloaded a tsi from here:

http://www.otto-armstrong.com/Mapping.html

and imported it into Traktor with no problems. I then added hot cues to the pads on the Korg and effects control to the x/y. But I don't like the way looping is done in this tsi.

Basically, the loop in and out buttons do just that, set in the in and out points. The quick loop buttons on the Xponent select the loop size and you then have to press re-loop to activate it. There's is no way of getting into micro loops or anything smaller than 1 bar.

What I want to do is keep this functionality but somehow set everything up so that when a loop is active, pressing loop in will halve the loop length and vice versa for loop out. I've been trying myself for the last few hours but at this stage I'm lost.

Is there any way I can set this up and could some-one please explain it?! Any help would be great, I'm at that stage where I just can't think straight anymore.

Thanks in advance!

Tech Wizard

hey, sorry i can't help but i wanted to say that this is the exact same set i'm going for, wanna upgrade to traktor pro (even torq 1.5 is very bugged and does not work as i want) and get an additional nanopad. if you solve the loop thing yourself you could post it here for other users too.

Sorry again because i could not help, but anyway it's bumping the thread

No probs man, you'll be happy if you switch over, everything runs much smoother and easier. With 1.5 my entire comp would stall momentarily when I was browsing my files never mind loading them to decks!

One thing I will kind of miss though is the sampler, it just gives you something extra to do and stops people complaining that you don't do very much! But hey that's off topic!

If i solve this i'll let you know. Everything else in that tsi is pretty decent!

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

The problem with what you want to do is that you are using too many modifiers on too many buttons. I'm assuming that the tsi is changing the modifiers when you hit the reloop button so the Loop In and Loop Out buttons change from setting the loop size to turning the loop on and off, right?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    The problem with what you want to do is that you are using too many modifiers on too many buttons. I'm assuming that the tsi is changing the modifiers when you hit the reloop button so the Loop In and Loop Out buttons change from setting the loop size to turning the loop on and off, right?
    Right you are, loop out de-activates the loop and loop in drops a cue when pressed.What should I do instead?

Well, you can still do that.

This is what you need to do. You have a modifier (Reloop) to change the modifier so Loop In and Loop Out do something different. Now, you can assign the Reloop controller to Next, instead of Direct. What you'd do is have the Loop In/Loop Out on MXV0 (X being whatever modifier you want), Select Loop Size with V1, and then create a setting for Half Up and Half Down on V2.

When MXV0, Reloop goes to the next modifier (V1)
    When MXV1, Reloop goes to the next modifier (V2)
    When MXV2, Reloop goes Direct to V0.

Make sense?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Got ya, but I've since decided that it's easier and faster to drop a loop with the same button as the one used to set the size, then use the re-loop button to do just that, reloop!

Thanks again man, bit of a lifesaver!

hey, however you want to work it Happy to help
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Hey guys, excelent discussion!

Well, about the loops I press in/out when I want some different value... I agree the loop method canīt be ideal for everyone, but is very difficult to put everything nice when you donīt have enough buttons...

In this TSI file I tried to put the most and popular functions.

Iīm very happy with this level of discussion, very nice!

That's the problem with all these controllers. Not enough buttons. I need to start mapping my padkontrol and figure out how to map my footswitch. heh
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall