headphones - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: headphones

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    I dunno. My on ears isolate pretty damn well. And I find myself keeping the volume down, which is always important to avoid the dreaded tinnitus.
    Well, I already have a mild form of the T, but this was due to a small fireworks incident when I was younger.
    But I don't want to make it worse than just the mild form.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

The Sennheiser HD25-II have a very high impedance, 70 ohms. I cannot get very high
    volume levels out of most consumer gear with this much impedance.

Ultrasone DJ1 Pro, they are very nice good response,but 64 ohms impedance. 50mm drivers

Allen and Heath, meh i dont have dumbo ears, nice 53mm drivers

TMA-1 is 32+-15% ohms, I would think you will get the most volume out of
    these cans, and they look really classy.

If i didnt already have Sennheisers and a pair of Ultrasone's i would redo it all and get
    the AIAIAI TMA1.

l0rdr0ck

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I dunno. My Senn's get pretty fuckin loud. I just never have to make them that loud.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

That's basically why you have the sennies... They don't need to go that loud.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

I feel you, they sound perfect, I adore them, i bought the coiled cable, i have new blue
    earpads and blue headband cushion from Juno.co.uk... but i am cursed with a piece of
    kit that is notorious for low volume. KORG ZERO 4!

l0rdr0ck

are the Sennheiser HD25-II's the same thing as the HD25-1 II?? also there are some i found that are sweet. Blue/Black adidas but there labled as HD25 originals... I think im leaning towards the AIAIAI or Senheiser after reading this.

When looking at the price range, I know you didn't ask for this one, but i'm going to throw in one more contender. The HDJ2000s. That's what i'm saving up for to be honest. I haven't used any others on the list except the TMA's and I thought those were awesome, however I love the HDJ look much more and am more then willing to pay the $50 more to pick those up instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    When looking at the price range, I know you didn't ask for this one, but i'm going to throw in one more contender. The HDJ2000s. That's what i'm saving up for to be honest. I haven't used any others on the list except the TMA's and I thought those were awesome, however I love the HDJ look much more and am more then willing to pay the $50 more to pick those up instead.
    The HDJs are brilliant. I have a pair of them and while they're not the best for isolation, you can hear every single part of a song so clearly. And if Tiesto, AvB, etc etc use them, they must be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illinoize View Post
    "Hey bro, you got any Skrillex? How about Deadmaufive?"
    http://www.mixcloud.com/robindore/

well... as always i appreciate the feedback... but coldfusion (sorry if i misspelled) has always had good advice and i think as i was already considering the AIAIAI's i will take his advice this time.

Also I am ordering traktor 2 scratch pro tomorrow or the next day whenever my funds clear in pay pal... i have an oxygen 8, that i will use with my 1210 m5g's and ttm 56.. I want to use goldens mapping but expand on it... effects i'll figure out. but when he uses the foot pedal he has cue points, as i understand traktor 2 has new features... anyone have advice for me as i embark on my venture (as a rookie) to map my oxygen 8 to traktor 2. im thinking i will start with the oxygen 8 to learn... but very shortly i want to replace with an X1 and midi fighter.... also i want a 4 channel mixer soon. my roommate and best friend is buying production gear, we want to do live sets together... how dose the whole 2 usb port mixer apply to a dj with traktor and producer with ableton? could i have any four channel mixer 3 for me and 1 for him? thanks everyone.

also, can u set a beat masher to a knob and instead of having a full range, have it's range set to specific points so it goes through like 1/8 notes 1/16 note 1/32 notes etc...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast