headphones
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: headphones

Default headphones

im looking at:

Allen & Heath Xone:XD-53
    Technics RP-DH1200
    AIAIAI TMA-1

any insight? i've read some reviews on amazon and thought i'd ask some dj's that are def. in clubs as well as enjoying good sound quality for there favorite EDM tracks.

Ive never heard bad about AIAIAI or Allen and Heath. Only Downfall of AIAIAI is they arnt foldable.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

TMA-1 without question; I've used all three and have owned the Xone and the TMA and there is no comparison. The Xone sound quality is phenomenal, with a good boost in the bass for club use, but the sound isolation is SOOOO much better on the TMA-1s, which also have phenomenal sound quality. The Technics also sound great -- I've only used them once before and never compared them side by side with either of the others, but as I recall they weren't even in the same league.

edit - chrisw is correct, the TMAs aren't foldable whereas the A+Hs fold up nicely (though make sure you turn the earcups towards the headband and not towards each other or you will smash out the cups and it will take a few days for them to bounce back). But the TMAs are really solidly built -- they feel flimsy at first but try banging them around and you'll see what I mean. Toss them in the bag they come with and just don't smash them between stacks of records or something and they will be fine; the lack of folding ability is sort of a nuisance but not a deal breaker in my opinion....

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

RPDJs are way better than RPDHs, and they are effing tanks

+1 for the technics rp-dj1200! i own and love them! and they aren´t as big as the usual dj cans.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Don't always jump for the foldable ones. More moving parts = more shit that can break.

I'd always recommend the Sennheiser HD25-II's. Built like tanks
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Don't always jump for the foldable ones. More moving parts = more shit that can break.

I'd always recommend the Sennheiser HD25-II's. Built like tanks
    +1 on this ^^^
    Please LIKE MY PAGE FACEBOOK Page and I'll Return The Favor

)))---|> http://facebook.com/DjBullyBolger <|---(((

Tech Guru

Overear vs. onear is the real comparison here...obviously isolation will be better with any on ear IMO

Out of the list, I'd go for the TMAs.

(Having both Isolation & Sound Quality far above par, makes it a surefire contender!)
    Last edited by tekki; 04-11-2011 at 03:32 PM.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post
    Overear vs. onear is the real comparison here...obviously isolation will be better with any on ear IMO
    I dunno. My on ears isolate pretty damn well. And I find myself keeping the volume down, which is always important to avoid the dreaded tinnitus.

I found over ear to, in general, feel looser and let more sound in from the outside unless I held them there. Granted, my over ears with the cool pivot points broke more times than I care to remember. My Senn's are finally showing wear and tear around 3 years later.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast