Gain/Upfader question. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I'm mixing externally, i'm just saying when i used the DJM and mixed internally i didn't have the peak when i used a crossfader. the 'Gain' knob is on my mixer, sorry if i didnt make that clear!

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Yeah I was just getting confused with the different setups you were talking about. My bad.

The crossfader very well could be terrible, that's fine. Not everyone uses em, nothing wrong with that.

What mixer are you using?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Numark M3, got it cheap and now i'm regretting not saving for a better 2 channel...

mixing on gains confuses my head

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Wizard

i used to use a denon x120 and i had the same problem with the channel faders being exactly the same as the crossfader. on top of that i liked to set the crossfader to a sharp cut so i could do cool effects cutting songs in and out which forced me to use the channel faders for mixing.

if i was making a gradual mix, i found myself pushing the channel faders with my thumbs instead of holding them with my fingers. basically i would put my thumb up against the bottom of the fader (against the face of the mixer) and "roll" my thumb up to push fader very gradually. this usually worked pretty good and i put most of the pressure of my thumb against the faceplate of my mixer to imitate there being alot of resistance. if this doesnt make sense i can post a video or something

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123