Will this laptop will this run TP2 fine? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by TommyQuiet View Post
    Would never use a dell again before i started building my own pc's i had 2 dell laptops both crap out on me,then last year bit the bullet and switched to mac and have never looked mac

mac is like a long term loving relationship where you grow old together

pc is a dirty one night stand that will probably give you an sti.

but with out turning this in to a mac vs pc thread if you are going to go with a pc
    build it yourself you will save a ton of money and alot easier to maintain as you know whats on it.
    Looking to use a laptop, not a desktop

I like windows more but love knowing that traktor runs "better" on it

looking for a best bang for buck.. without catching a sti
    First Mix, have a listen you know you want to
    http://soundcloud.com/mattybruce/spr...-daddy-mixtape

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Accidental-DJ View Post
    That sounds like a good idea, but i would rather just be able to install traktor knowing it will work with out hiccups or freezing...

At the moment my old mac book pro duo core with 2gb ram is doing the job
    Just lacking space i have 30gb left, rest is all music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMwAaTH_VRc

Just to clear this whole thing up....that laptop is on par or lower than what your suggesting.

So yeah...traktor works if you have a computer on par with the new macbooks but for half the price.

Tech Wizard

I use a hp pro i5 4gb ram. Runs Traktor no problems, I plan to use TP2 and do not expect any problems in running. Only problems I have had is WiFi on and Ad Aware causing Traktor to freeze. Turn those off and I have had no problems. Just be careful what goes on your computer and treat it well and you will be fine.

Also in MAC vs PC.... PC for me, anything a mac can do a PC can do better. Just got to know how to use one

Thanks, what do you think in regards to using a windows computer?
    I use macs, I prefer macs, but if you prefer windows, use windows. It's not going to make a damn bit of difference in terms of running traktor -- you'll have different problems to solve on either platform and you can spend all day reading about whose problems are more annoying/lame/debilitating/ghey. And the price difference really isn't as bad as you make it sound; you have a couple options for new macbooks that will run Traktor just fine for $1000. If you're willing to go with an older or refurbished model you can get even lower. But yeah if you insist on quad-cores and big screens, you're going to push the price higher. Yeah you can always find cheaper Windows laptops made with cheaper components and some would say lower build quality. No sense in arguing about what's on someone else's computer.

....and if I recall correctly, using a legal install disk you could hackintosh it. Can someone post some literature as to if thats illegal or not?
    Nope, that's not really djtechtools-related literature. Suffice to say that it depends on your definition of "illegal"; certainly one can accurately say that it violates the end user license agreement that Apple claims you agree to when you purchase their products. Either way, hackintoshes aren't officially supported and if your goal is a rock-solid system for running Traktor, you'll probably do far better with either a Windows install or an actual Mac computer than you will with a hackintosh.

Tech Wizard

You will have no problem running traktor with those type of specs that's for sure. I just purchased a Dell latitude E6420 with the i5 and I run traktor and the S4 with a 4.7ms latency no problem. Not sure what you guys are talking about with dells, might just depend on what model you get. If the quad core is a must for you then go for it but im just saying it is not necessary.

But what laptop exactly are you looking at? just wondering

Tech Mentor

Thanks everyone, at the moment im using my old macbook pro with the the duo core one, with only 2GB ram and a 120Gb Hard drive. its fine and doesnt seem to be freezing, but i have not twitched traktors latency setttings at all..

They seem fine for the type of mixing im doing now...

Im thinking of getting something like this...

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers/d...ook-sku-67804/

Dell Inspiron 15" Notebook2nd Generation Intel Core i7-2630qm 2.0ghz With Turbo Boost Up To 2.9 GHz CPU
    ATI Radeon HD 5650 With 1GB Dedicated Graphics

Win 7 Home Premium
    Webcam
    WIFI
    1.0 MB Graphics Memory
    ATI Radeon HD 5650
    640 GB HDD
    4 GB RAM
    15 Inch Screen
    First Mix, have a listen you know you want to
    http://soundcloud.com/mattybruce/spr...-daddy-mixtape

Tech Convert

I am wondering if with your particular Dell system, can you have Traktor + S4 and wifi on with no problems, drop-outs, or pops? Wifi on is a must for me. Thank you.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Thanks everyone, at the moment im using my old macbook pro with the the duo core one, with only 2GB ram and a 120Gb Hard drive. its fine and doesnt seem to be freezing, but i have not twitched traktors latency setttings at all..
    If its just for Traktor, show a lil love to her and throw some extra ram (8gb) and bigger hard drive into it - or better yet an SSD and Optibay in the CD slot.

A 120gb SSD / 8gb Ram Optibay And 1TB hard disk would only run you total around the $150 mark and will definitely give your old Macbook pro whole a new lease of life and perfectly capable of running things smoothly for a while to come. You'd probably get another 2 years out of it for DJ'ing purposes

Back on Topic though, the system you are looking at should run Traktor just fine - personally I think 4gb ram and conventional hard disk is cutting corners too much in this day and age. 250GB SSD and 8GB IMHO is what you should aim at, or at least aim upgrading to.
    Last edited by deevey; 07-24-2015 at 04:44 PM.

How much RAM can Traktor even use, theoretically - using all available tracks with effects, sync and pitch lock, what is the maximum amount you could potentially use with Traktor?

Holy thread necro.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast