Will this laptop will this run TP2 fine?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Will this laptop will this run TP2 fine?

Hi all i was using my apple for a while and want to upgrade my laptop.

What do you's think of these specs?

2nd Generation Intel Core i7-2630qm 2.0ghz With Turbo Boost Up To 2.9 GHz CPU
    ATI Radeon HD 5650 With 1GB Dedicated Graphics

Win 7 Home Premium
    Webcam
    WIFI
    1.0 MB Graphics Memory
    ATI Radeon HD 5650
    640 GB HDD
    4 GB RAM
    15 Inch Screen

Any reason i should save and get a Apple or will this windows machine do fine?

Ps its a dell
    First Mix, have a listen you know you want to
    http://soundcloud.com/mattybruce/spr...-daddy-mixtape

The regular PC should work fine. But if you think that Mac's are better then its up to you.
    OXYGEN 8 + Acer Netbook + Traktor + DJFRAGGIE!

Tech Mentor

Something about using a mac makes me feel safer

Is there anything written as to why Mac would be better then windows or is it all up to the person?

Also if i went for a new macbook pro is there much performance difference between the

13 inch MPB 15inch MPB
    2.7GHz dual-core 2.0GHz quad-core
    Intel Core i7 Intel Core i7

If you prefer an Apple get one, because if you don't your main thought will be, damn I should have gotten an Apple.

I like Apple, but don't really agree with their recent changes, like sealing the battery so you can't buy spares or have to send it in if it fails. I have an older MBP, but went with a Toughbook for my new laptop and love it.

My only real suggestion is to not get a Dell. I just speak from personal experience

Tech Mentor

Im kinda over the whole apple thing aswell

umm how is traktor running on windows for you? any troubles?

I really want a windows but if traktor and my s4 dont go well with it then i would rather not get one

Quote Originally Posted by Accidental-DJ View Post
    Also if i went for a new macbook pro is there much performance difference between the

13 inch MPB 15inch MPB
    2.7GHz dual-core 2.0GHz quad-core
    Intel Core i7 Intel Core i7
    depends how you define performance difference. The 15 inch will be noticeably faster, but not so much faster that you'll be creaming yourself or anything. But it will also be bigger, and those extra inches of screen real estate (and extra resolution I believe) will make a huge difference with software as busy as Traktor, especially if you like to have a lot of features available on the screen (mixer options, etc). Also you can get the no-glare screen for the 15" and not for the 13". The glossy screen is purty but it reflects light which can be a hassle in a club or other low light situation; it's a personal preference but I'd recommend the one with the no-glare screen.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    depends how you define performance difference. The 15 inch will be noticeably faster, but not so much faster that you'll be creaming yourself or anything. But it will also be bigger, and those extra inches of screen real estate (and extra resolution I believe) will make a huge difference with software as busy as Traktor, especially if you like to have a lot of features available on the screen (mixer options, etc). Also you can get the no-glare screen for the 15" and not for the 13". The glossy screen is purty but it reflects light which can be a hassle in a club or other low light situation; it's a personal preference but I'd recommend the one with the no-glare screen.
    Thanks, what do you think in regards to using a windows computer?

Ive used a apple for traktor for a while, and just dont want to spend $2000 on a machine i can get the same specs for $1000. Keeping in mind that windows will work

Tech Guru

Security depends on how much stuff you download, and what stuff you download...depending on price then its up to you to buy mac or not.

That computer will beat the crap out of traktor....and if I recall correctly, using a legal install disk you could hackintosh it. Can someone post some literature as to if thats illegal or not? I recall ready multiple places that it is. Therefore you could dual boot for traktor, pay half the price, and have your OS X.

The only time I have ever considered going apple is for dj'ing and thats just because its like pioneer and they are the 'industry' standard...therefore everyone wants to buy them and all software is tailored for OS X.

Would never use a dell again before i started building my own pc's i had 2 dell laptops both crap out on me,then last year bit the bullet and switched to mac and have never looked mac

mac is like a long term loving relationship where you grow old together

pc is a dirty one night stand that will probably give you an sti.

but with out turning this in to a mac vs pc thread if you are going to go with a pc
    build it yourself you will save a ton of money and alot easier to maintain as you know whats on it.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post
    Security depends on how much stuff you download, and what stuff you download...depending on price then its up to you to buy mac or not.

That computer will beat the crap out of traktor....and if I recall correctly, using a legal install disk you could hackintosh it. Can someone post some literature as to if thats illegal or not? I recall ready multiple places that it is. Therefore you could dual boot for traktor, pay half the price, and have your OS X.

The only time I have ever considered going apple is for dj'ing and thats just because its like pioneer and they are the 'industry' standard...therefore everyone wants to buy them and all software is tailored for OS X.
    That sounds like a good idea, but i would rather just be able to install traktor knowing it will work with out hiccups or freezing...

At the moment my old mac book pro duo core with 2gb ram is doing the job
    Just lacking space i have 30gb left, rest is all music

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast