DJs who use Traktor in conjunction with Ableton
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default DJs who use Traktor in conjunction with Ableton

Hey guys so after reading the forums a bit I see that a popular and interesting DJ technique is to route Traktor into Ableton to take advantage of the good things of ableton while still mixing with Traktor.
    This is very interesting to me, please share how you use these two softwares together. What techniques does it allow you, how does this method improve your DJ sets?
    cheers

Use traktor as a paid of very fancy turntables and use Ableton to mix the audio together, custom effects chaining, live looping.

It improves your sets because you have more control over the music and you can get much much more personal with effects.

You can also use mastering VST's on your mix to get a nicer output sound.

Theres lots other techniques it opens too such as smartmixing.

Tech Guru

sounds like the possibilities are endless using this combo. my imagination is running wild with ideas already ha!

I see the smartmixing link in your sig, i read a bit looks interesting i'll have to do my homework. Are there any other links/write ups/video on the subject of routing traktor into ableton?

Well, I guess that link is all you need duerr.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Default Any OSX heads help me out with this?

i'm trying to rewire TSP into Ableton. Have Soundflower installed but the routing config is confusing me. Here is what i've done so far:

TSP is set to External Mixing Mode:
    Output Channel A
    - Soundflower 16CH (Out 0)
    -Soundflower 16CH (Out 1)
    Output Channel B
    -Soundflower 16CH (Out 2)
    -Soundflower 16CH (Out 3)
    Output Channel C
    -Soundflower 16CH (Out 4)
    -Soundflower 16CH (Out 5)

On Audio 8 i'm taking three outputs from Ch A, B and D into my external mixer.

In Ableton:
    Audio Input Device: Soundflower 16CH
    Audio Output Device: Audio 8

What Channel Config (Input/Output) in Ableton's preferences do i need to select? I'm trying to route 3 TSP decks into 3 Channels on Ableton. I can get audio in Ableton but only by selecting Arm on channel.

Maybe someone would be kind enough to post a screengrab of how their config looks in Ableton?
    Vestax VCi100 - Pioneer DJM 600 - JBL 8210 Monitors
    Ableton Live 7.07 - Serato 1.8

Id help, but i dont use mac - sorry someone else will have to fill in the blanks.

thanks anyway, i know i'm close to resolving this and it's something very simple but it's got me stumped!

so now i have my three channels playing through Ableton. The only problem is they are all outputting through one channel on my pioneer mixer. i need to split the outputs over three channels on the pioneer so i can use the faders....anyone?

sorted! i guess wiring it all down helped figure it out in my own head! i head to select EXT in each of Abletons channels then tsned them back out through the Audio 8 and into my Pioneer.
    the audio sounds a lot warmer than hooking up TSP straight?

Quote Originally Posted by psycatron View Post
    sorted! i guess wiring it all down helped figure it out in my own head! i head to select EXT in each of Abletons channels then tsned them back out through the Audio 8 and into my Pioneer.
    the audio sounds a lot warmer than hooking up TSP straight?
    When connected properly the connection should be colourless - you might need to tweak your latency settings or perhaps keep a better eye on your levels.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast