Will this work with time machine a my macbook pro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Will this work with time machine a my macbook pro

seen this drive, is it any good and will it work with time machine for backing up my macbook pro? THIS
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

anyone
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

i dont see why any drive over the capacity of your current drive wouldnt be a good canidate for a time machine backup..... especially if your using it externally

i have a 1tb samsung in an enclosure that i use as my external for the 750gb wd drive in my macbook..... time machine that shit once a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

yeah this is a network one i dont wanna have to plug it in to back up i want it to di it in the back ground on its own once ive done the 1st one hard wired, just wanted to make sure this would do that wirelessly..

again. dont see why it wouldnt work - have you thought of using carbonite? i have that running in the background of my mac -- backs it up to a server and you can pull it from any computer and what not....

plus its less likely to break and you lose everything
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

cool, il go and get one then bargain at £69.97

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Hmmm, I don't think it's possible because if you manage to set it up wirelessly, your mac will see it as a shared folder rather than a disc partition. I guess this is the part where Time Capsule firmware kicks in, I might be wrong tho. Maybe an Airport Express will do the trick.

Might work with Carbonite, but I don't think it will with Time Machine.
    Last edited by padi_04; 04-12-2011 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Hmmm, I don't think it's possible because if you manage to set it up wirelessly, your mac will see it as a shared folder rather than a disc partition. I guess this is the part where Time Capsule firmware kicks in, I might be wrong tho.
    can u explain that more to me im not the most clever person when it comes to shit like this lol.. i have an adsl router at home for my broadband, i thought connecting this to the router would enable me to use time machine like that and just back up to it

ive just phoned applecare and they said it should work fine with time machine, so i think il just get it and hope it does haha.. im taking my macbook in to get the superdrive looked at and possibly replaced on thursday so i need to get it backed up before then as i dont waqnt to lose any of the stuff on my macbook. I know i shouldnt if they are just replacing the super drive but id rather be safe and i should back it up anyways incase i have a hd fail or something on my macbook.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulmac View Post
    ive just phoned applecare and they said it should work fine with time machine, so i think il just get it and hope it does haha.. im taking my macbook in to get the superdrive looked at and possibly replaced on thursday so i need to get it backed up before then as i dont waqnt to lose any of the stuff on my macbook. I know i shouldnt if they are just replacing the super drive but id rather be safe and i should back it up anyways incase i have a hd fail or something on my macbook.
    Ah, that's cool If it doesn't shove it up into the depths of a "genius" arse

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast