Traktor crash live :/
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Traktor crash live :/

Had my second DJ set at a club last night, my first with my VJ buddy. The night actually went pretty awesome for a Monday, but at about 2am, 3.5 hours into the set, Traktor just stopped working. The sound just kept repeating super fast like a quick slice effect, needless to say I had to restart my Laptop. Lucky for me I had my iPod handy and the people that were still there were very understanding. I checked for a crash log but nothing is there, probably because I had to hard restart my computer.

I searched the forums for a similar topic but couldn't find anything, my question is what should I do to optomize my Traktor so stuff like this doesn't happen? I am using the full version of Traktor Pro 1.2.4 with a Vestax VCI-100SE. I think it crashed when I was using some of the FX faders if I remember right, but I was using them the whole time so I find it off it crashed so far into the set. I don't have much runnign in the backround, and I am using a Sony Vaio laptop.

But yeah, what do you guys do to make sure your laptop / gear is in tip top shape? I have another set at the same place two weeks from now and I want to make sure this doesn't happen again, as it seemed very unprofessional.

Quote Originally Posted by spacehxc View Post
    Had my second DJ set at a club last night, my first with my VJ buddy. The night actually went pretty awesome for a Monday, but at about 2am, 3.5 hours into the set, Traktor just stopped working. The sound just kept repeating super fast like a quick slice effect, needless to say I had to restart my Laptop. Lucky for me I had my iPod handy and the people that were still there were very understanding. I checked for a crash log but nothing is there, probably because I had to hard restart my computer.

I searched the forums for a similar topic but couldn't find anything, my question is what should I do to optomize my Traktor so stuff like this doesn't happen? I am using the full version of Traktor Pro 1.2.4 with a Vestax VCI-100SE. I think it crashed when I was using some of the FX faders if I remember right, but I was using them the whole time so I find it off it crashed so far into the set. I don't have much runnign in the backround, and I am using a Sony Vaio laptop.

But yeah, what do you guys do to make sure your laptop / gear is in tip top shape? I have another set at the same place two weeks from now and I want to make sure this doesn't happen again, as it seemed very unprofessional.
    I had this happen to me too. But like you, it happened after like 4-5 hours

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

1.2.7 is the latest update that you can get for free. I recommend upgrading to that as you're a few behind on bug updates. Outside of that make sure Wifi and bluetooth are turned off.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I used to get issues like this once in a while.

I narrowed it down to bad USB cables and bad power sources, especially not having adequate grounding.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Mentor

Thanks for all the tips, gonna follow that windows guide and update my Traktor Pro to the latest version. Any other tips you guys have would be great as well, short of buying a macbook

Thanks for all the tips, gonna follow that windows guide and update my Traktor Pro to the latest version. Any other tips you guys have would be great as well, short of buying a macbook
    set-up a dual boot on your laptop and keep the 2nd boot totally clean with nothing installed but traktor. be surprised the difference that can make...

SoundCloud

Tech Mentor

I'm currently setting up two partitions on top of my main one, One to install Windows 7 clean on and run Traktor, and another strictly for music storage. Am I going to lose my Traktor Library if I do this? Is there a way to maintain it when I put my music on the Partitioned drive?

I'm currently setting up two partitions on top of my main one, One to install Windows 7 clean on and run Traktor, and another strictly for music storage. Am I going to lose my Traktor Library if I do this? Is there a way to maintain it when I put my music on the Partitioned drive?
    before uninstalling traktor on first partition to move to other one, go to preferences and point the music storage at the new music partition (after moving music there).
    then restart traktor and do a consistency check to fill any potential gaps.
    then copy collection.nml file from documents/native instruments/traktor, keep it safe and after reinstall of traktor on new partition move nml file over.

SoundCloud

Tech Wizard

disable midi out?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast