External mixing TP2

Default External mixing TP2

ok so question. Do i need 4 outputs on my audio interface if i want to run 2 regualr decks and 2 sample decks SPECIFICALLY for loops?
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

Depends how you mean.

I use an Audio2DJ with 2 decks and 2 sample decks. Running master output to L/R on Channel A and monitor output to L/R Channel B. So it is do-able with 2 output. I'm using internal mixing with VCI-100 though and have an LPD8 and Launchpad to control other features (still trying to map the sample decks to these additional controllers at the moment).

I'd imagine that if you're talking about external mixing with control for each deck and sample deck independently you'd need 4 stereo outputs (8 RCA's) for this maybe. You could use 2 stereo outputs (4 RCA's), but would have to run each of the 4 decks in mono to either L/R output of each pair of outputs (which would be horrible to listen to in my opinion).

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be along shortly with a fuller answer.
    Last edited by Bunford; 04-12-2011 at 07:02 PM.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Actually this answered my question exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

Cool, glad to be of assistance!
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

This is exactly what I will be doing also. Can you explain more what you did Chris?

Basically just want to know if I can use my CDJs in external mode and map my controller to the sample decks...or are the sample decks just like being deck C and D and I therefore need more audio outputs than my audio2?

Or can I just map my controller to the sample decks in the controller manager?
    Last edited by Gryz; 04-12-2011 at 08:12 PM.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG