MPD24 with instant gratification
    Tech Convert

Default MPD24 with instant gratification

Got motivated today and got some work in on mapping out my mpd24.

I just wanted to get this out there and perhaps get some feedback if anyone is willing to take a look. I would love for some suggestions since this is my first time doing something like this.

This is for a 2 deck + 2 sample setup in traktor 2

pad banks a+b
    row 1 - sample controls. pad bank a has the controls for sample deck c, and pad bank b has controls for sample deck d. The first two faders on top control volume too. The very first one is a fader for deck c and the second is a fader for deck d.
    row 2-4 - instant gratification mappings

pad bank c:
    top half are cues 1-8 for deck a
    bottom half are cues 1-8 for deck b

pad bank d:
    I use this pad for preparing my tracks
    top two rows are cue points 1-8 on deck a
    third row is currently unused. Thinking maybe beatjumping or cue delete functions here.
    Last row only has two functioning buttons atm. Very left button places a grid marker and the very right is a play/pause button.

To load this you're going to need the vyzex mpd24 editor since a lot of the midi notes had to be changed to work with the midifighter mappings. I exported a file that I'M REALLY REALLY HOPING gets your mpd working without you having to do the hardest part by hand.

PLEASE PLEASE make sure you back up all of your settings before hand. I've made the mistake more than once not backing up and overwriting stuff I had put a lot of precious time into.

Anyways, thanks for reading and perhaps someone will find this useful.
    Last edited by foo55; 04-13-2011 at 01:13 AM.

Tech Student

Can it work with an LPD8?

Tech Convert

i think with a little bit of work you could get some functionality of the instant gratification mapping on your lpd8.

unfortunately i dont have one so i dont have the ability to comment much further

Tech Convert

I am having trouble with mapping sample deck slot play buttons, I can only get sample deck c, slot 1 to work properly but no more and i want to set up 4 keys for sample deck c and 4 kets for sample deck d that simply just play the samples.
    i have went to controller management and understand the deck slots ect.. but I still really stumped, maybe I am missing something.

is there anyway to make this work with my mpd16?

Tech Mentor

i have an mpd 24 my issu is that once i installed the (amazing mappings btw from ur sicreption) none of the buttons umm work hahaha

Tech Mentor

ok so i did the vsex thing should i have it open with traktor idk what to do. im so confused...

Tech Mentor

looks like you will need to open the vyzex mpd24 editor and then load the .sqs file found in the zip.. flash it to your mpd24 and then all should work

Good luck
    Macbook Pro 2011 :: Xone 22 :: Technics 1200 :: Denon DNS3700 :: 2x Midifighter ::Akia MPD24 :: Kaoss Pad 2 :: Audio 6 :: KRK Rockit 5 Darkstar :: Roland Sh-101 :: Traktor Scratch Duo :: Ableton live 8

Cheers great job.
    Last edited by UncleFunky; 07-27-2012 at 10:02 AM.