Traktor: OSX vs XP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Traktor: OSX vs XP

For live purposes, would it be better/more stable to run Traktor on OSX or XP? Most of my software is multi-platform (except for midi-pipe?)

Thanks,
    -DJ Lucid

Tech Wizard

seriously, i don't think it matters anymore. both os' are so much far and ahead of when that arguement existed that its just a matter of personal preference now. if you like windows, stick with windows, if you like osx, use osx.

Tech Guru

^ pretty much.

Leopard (osx) Doesnt like traktor 3.3 very much (in some peoples cases.. ie mine) so I would say windows. But It might just be cos I'm litz and dont really use Traktor so have done something stupid.

Tech Wizard

I've got to agree with LoFi, it doesn't matter that much. However, if I was going to use Windows XP, I'd have a separate install just for live performances that strips down the services (e.g., see nem0nic's guide to removing unnecessary services or TinyXP).

Anyone know if you can transfer your library settings (cue points, loops, beat grids) from XP to OSX?

I am cross platform, but I use a clean XP for Traktor at the moment. If I were to find a good deal on and Macbook that had better specs than my current system, would I have any problem transferring the Traktor files over to OSX?

My XP is running fine, and I agree that it's really just preference these days. I just wanna know if copying the files to another OS would be a problem for me?

Thanks

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Cue Points, loops and beat grids can all be saved in the tags of the tracks... so yeah, just Write Tags and it should work fine :-)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

If you ask me personally, I would answer OSX. In my opinion, I have encountered less problems.
    Thank Ya!!!

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

As a counterpoint, the only time I ever encountered any problems with Traktor was when the power strip my hard drive was plugged into lost power and my system crashed. I am on XP, and I've never really had a problem. As long as you keep your system clean with adaware searches and the like you'll never really have a problem.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Guru

Traktor has fewer problems in XP. And going forward, because XP is mature and at the end of it's development life, you won't see many major changes to it that would impact application stability. That can't be said about OSX or Vista.

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    ... And going forward, because XP is mature and at the end of it's development life, you won't see many major changes to it that would impact application stability.
    Is That Why There Are Regular 'Security Updates' & SP3 Has Just Been Released??? LOL
    Last edited by The Duelist; 05-20-2008 at 09:52 AM.
    17" MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz C2D | MacOS 10.6.2 (Snow Leopard)
    Traktor 1.2.4 | VCI-100SE v3.4
    Korg Zero8 | NI Audio8 DJ | Akai APC40 | KRK V8 Mk2 | Sony MDR-7506
    Novation Remote SL25MkII | Kore2 | Komplete6 | Virus TI
    Ableton Live8 (Suite) | Logic9 | Reason4 | Audio Hijack Pro

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast