Audio 10 vs Audio 8 sonic tests
    Tech Guru

Default Audio 10 vs Audio 8 sonic tests

don't know if this has been posted, but I couldn't find it.

There's а comparison between Audio8 and Audio10:
    http://www.mts.net/~lllp/a8djVSta10/Comparison.htm

there's a strange peak in the distorsion digram at around 8kHz. it's applicable for both 10 & 8, if i see it properly.

What do you think?

Dude, I would like to kiss you right now.

Not that I really "learned" anything more than I already really suspected...

But this thread contains:

0% Opinion.

100% Graphs of information.

You rock.

A really don't know enough to comment on the 8khz distortion, thought it definitely appears on both units.

Some interesting other things I notice.

The Audio 8 apears to have a very slightly higher frequency response, and dynamic range, while the audio 10 apears to have slightly less distortion, and a slightly more significantly less stereo cross-talk.

This leads me to surmise the Audio 8 has a slightly broader "range" and "depth" (EXTREMELY MARGINAL) but for this trade off (I'm almost certain it is completely in-audible, if looked at by itself) the Audio 10 appears to have a "cleaner" signal.

Maybe this is due to it being grounded to wall power, or perhaps the circuit board has better shielding...

All this being said though, I am doubting the difference will be audible save for at extremely high sample rates with high quality audio....

Or perhaps listening to both units passing an analogue vinyl record signal "though" and listen to the difference there, if any...
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Please do not bother me about being a productive member of society.

Tech Guru

I think the source of this info originates from this thread: http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2912901

but djforums is not accessible from where I am right now (strange, huh?), so i can't check it .

I think all the graphs speak of A10 being a better sonic performer

Tech Guru

the cross talk and noise levels for both are so far below -32db, that the human ear physically wont be able to hear it anyway, -95 and -60 respectively. so its all academic
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Quote Originally Posted by Garygary1 View Post
    any word on the audio 2, 4, or 6?
    dont the old 2, and the 4 share the same chipset as the 8 so they should be comparable... as would the new 2, 6 and 10 all wold be sharing the new chipset im guessing.

dont take my word for it though

Quote Originally Posted by josh@firestorm View Post
    dont the old 2, and the 4 share the same chipset as the 8 so they should be comparable... as would the new 2, 6 and 10 all wold be sharing the new chipset im guessing.

dont take my word for it though
    According to Native Instruments advertising, they are supposed to be the same chipset.