Network Hard drive question

Default Network Hard drive question

So i bought myself a western digital mybook world edition 1tb network hard drive yesterday and got it working with time machine on my macbook. I was just thinking today should i have formatted it or anything before i used it? it will how it came in the box be fine?
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

Tech Guru

Should be fine as long as the macbook is reading it fine. The only time that you would need to format it is if it was formatted in a non-mac format.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulmac View Post
    So i bought myself a western digital mybook world edition 1tb network hard drive yesterday and got it working with time machine on my macbook. I was just thinking today should i have formatted it or anything before i used it? it will how it came in the box be fine?
    Time Machine should have format it to HTF+

You should have formatted it to a journaled file system for reasons that don't matter if you don't already know why. It matters less if it's a backup drive and more if it's not connected to consistent power.

i think it says journaled on the file of the back up it has made im sure it has in the time machine, anyhows its working fine cheers fellas
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud