complete noob cdj question
    Tech Mentor

Default complete noob cdj question

So ive never dj'd on cdj and im getting my cds ready for this weekend. I burn one song on each cd right (can I do more? it seems inefficiant) and do i burn a regular cd or burn it as an .mp3? Or a a storage file?

Burn as a CD. Its up to you how many tracks to put on each disc.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Dont burn just one song per CD. I used to burn at least 6-8 songs per disk.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Advantage audio cd -> all cd players can read it
    Disadvantage audio cd -> it can't hold alot of songs

Disadvantage mp3 cd -> not all cd players can read mp3 cd's (players like cdj 200, cdj 350, cdj 400 etc can, the cdj 100 + 800mk1 can't)
    Advantages mp3 cd -> it can hold alot of songs, however it might become hard to find one specific song

The choice is yours..

When I used to burn cd's I burned them mp3, with about 12-20 songs on each disk.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

When I used to burn CDs I would put around 15 tracks per disc. Also, you should burn them to CD Audio or WAV files. MP3s will not be read in the majority of CD decks that I've worked on.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    When I used to burn CDs I would put around 15 tracks per disc. Also, you should burn them to CD Audio or WAV files. MP3s will not be read in the majority of CD decks that I've worked on.
    especially vbr's in my experience.. another thing is the pioneers dont show waveforms for vbr.

i used to burn as audio cd's with about 8-10 tracks a disc.

Tech Mentor

When I got my CDJ's I started out burning 10 tracks per disk. Only problem then became remembering where that killer track was!! I ended up going back to 1 release per disc and then priting the album art onto the disc - for me that made it easier to find the track I wanted.

10-13 tracks per disc, 2 copies of each disc

oh and id recommend you write tracklists for every cd

I do 8 tracks per disc,2 copies of each disc.Always audio cos ive come across cdj1000mk3's that just will not read mp3 so audio's a safe bet.
    I found with 8 tracks they're kept to the centre of the disc so theres less chances of fingerprints/scratches on the part that contains the music.
    I also save each 'project' in my burning software incase one of my cds gets lost or damaged,that way the cue/loop points on my sd-card still work
    The Djtt Psychic Network has closed for the day. If you need help from the non-psychic members of the forum, you need to be more specific
    http://soundcloud.com/djsidetrakd
    Check out my midifighter extreme!! http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28014

Quote Originally Posted by sidetrakd View Post
    I do 8 tracks per disc,2 copies of each disc.Always audio cos ive come across cdj1000mk3's that just will not read mp3 so audio's a safe bet.
    I found with 8 tracks they're kept to the centre of the disc so theres less chances of fingerprints/scratches on the part that contains the music.
    I also save each 'project' in my burning software incase one of my cds gets lost or damaged,that way the cue/loop points on my sd-card still work
    +1
    Great logic their when i used use cds my most played discs looked like they had gone threw a warzone.
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8