Ideas on how to use my PS2 game pads

Default Ideas on how to use my PS2 game pads

So I've been planning incorporating two game pads in addition to my VCI-100 to help me control Traktor. I've already got them both configured in Rejoice running through Midiyoke but I'm short on ideas on what to use them for. The pads I got are these:

and

The first is a regular PS2 pad and as such has a total of 12 buttons and up to 4 axis (or 2 axis and a digital directional pad).

The second one is a mini-arcade pad that has 12 buttons and a digital directional pad.

Things I've come up with:

-Use the axi on the regular PS2 to control smart EQ or FX (or both).
    -Use the buttons on the mini-arcade to juggle cues.
    -Aaaand that's about it ):

So as you can see I have a lot of new controls but don't actually know what to do with them, so any help is appreciated!

With the D-pad on the orignal controller, Left/Right Could be for moving loops and Up/Down for changing loop length.

Left/Right on the arcade stick could be used for deck selection, Up/Down too if you use more than 2 decks.

I love using gamepads as controllers. I use the analog joysticks to control two effects knobs at once. I also use the the top buttons to control 2 more FX knobs. The ABXY buttons then toggle the effects. Lastly I use the d-pad to toggle the FX channels on the decks.

I have had problems with Rejoice crashing, and I use either Joy2MIDI or GlovePIE 0.29

How do you connect the PS2 to USB? I have found it easy to convert Xbox controllers to USB with just some simple soldering.
    AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile 2.0GHz, 4GB Ram, BCD-3000, WinXP(Pro)-SP2, Traktor Pro

I connect the PS2 to USB using this simple adapter you can find on ebay for really cheap:

I haven't checked what's the latency on this setup, but it doesn't feel bad at all.

Well, it won't be as good as true MIDI. Typically, gamepads use 8 bit resolution @ 100Hz. Flight joysticks are slightly more sensitive. IMHO good enough for live play, but probably bad substitute in your studio.

I would be using the shoulder buttons as shift keys.

Tech Convert

I just thought of this and it may sound stupid

Could you use a DDR pad almost like footpedals? Heck, I like dancing alot too and using the DDR dance pad to move around (not sure what for) all while mixing would be hella fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post

Could you use a DDR pad almost like footpedals? Heck, I like dancing alot too and using the DDR dance pad to move around (not sure what for) all while mixing would be hella fun.
    I actually did this at a house party once. I had beat jumping and fx-on on the pad. I end up unplugging it because I was to drunk and kept making the song studder (beatmasher). I'm sure there can be better ways of doing it though.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post

wow, that is insane idea

but sry, personaly can't help you, i dont know much about it...but i guess it would be the same case as with PS2 pads, or Guitar Hero guitar controler.
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

OH man, you gotta do it! It's so cool. Check out my mini-pad, same thing will work with a regular sized one. If you use a Xbox one, you just need to do a little soldering, no adapter needed.
    Driver: http://www.redcl0ud.com/xbcd.html#download
    How-To: http://www.matthouse.net/?q=node/20