TSP2 Collection - Missing Tracks - Consistency Check
    Tech Guru

Default TSP2 Collection - Missing Tracks - Consistency Check

Lately, I've been finding more songs pop with with the little yellow exclamation point as a missing file in my collection. Last night I imported my itunes library into my collection (did not clear collection just reimported). Then I ran a consistency check and it came up with about 280 missing tracks. I knew a coupld would be missing but not 280 so ran the "find missing tracks" and navigated to my Itunes music folder. Traktor found a little over 200 of them. I then deleted from my collection the ones it said was missing.

About 20 minutes later I searched for at track and it was listed twice in my collection and both were missing. The yellow exclamation point popped up. I then scrolled down to my Itunes library and found it, loaded it and played it with no problem.

I've had a few tracks that this has happend to lately. Any ideas as to why so many missing tracks when running consitency checker and then finding a missing one a few minutes later?
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I've noticed some discrepancies lately with missing tracks and the number seeming to randomly change. Not sure what the problem is though.

Oh, and happy 1000 posts btw.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

+1, seem to stumble upon the same problem, without any itunes involved, but merely just complete folders "missing".
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

The same over here!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I've noticed some discrepancies lately with missing tracks and the number seeming to randomly change. Not sure what the problem is though.
    I used to have this problem with TP1 but i think that was mainly down to my bad track organisation. I've turned over a new leaf with TP2 and I haven't noticed any random missing tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Oh, and happy 1000 posts btw.
    Congrats, you officially have one kilopost
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

99% of the time tracks show as missing if the path changes. If you use iTunes then theres the culprit. Each update brings in a new character or changes to the folder structure that mean Traktor cant find the tune(s).
    CC and relocate will fix this.

However, i am (speaking for me, not NI in anyway) am convinced that Traktor just 'loses' some tracks every now and again. Maybe when the collection is loaded as it does it quite quickly. Thats just my hunch but i have spoken to the Almighty Rainer on this issue in the passed and he is in agreement 'Traktor just loses tracks'.

I think T3 was dreadful for this. TP1 was ok, TP2 i think is an improvement.

Relocation fixes it so its worth running CC one a week.

Tech Guru

Woo Hoo! 1000 posts I tried to make it a good one.

Yeah I gotta keep up with it and see if I can figure out what causes it. I was just dumbfounded when it happened short after running consistency checker.

Will keep my eye on it and see if there's any fixes.

::jab at NI:: It would be great if they really had FULL integration with Itunes the way Serato does. Sometimes the use of The Collection can get a little wacky. I know I know...it also has it's pros.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300