"Progressive House" Advice needed
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default "Progressive House" Advice needed

Whats up everyone, I've been getting into the "trancy" Progressive sounds like whats on Anjunadeep and I was wondering if there were any other good labels with that relaxed trance sound. I know beatport calls it progressive, but (and I'm about to date myself) back in the late nineties they'd have called it trance. so if anyone has any ideas to throw my way I'd appreciate it.

(Preferably I'm looking for labels that have some compilations to check out)
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

bedrock is pretty much my go to label for progressive, but toolroom has some sweet, albeit commercial, prog house

Quote Originally Posted by bigheadmikelove View Post
    Whats up everyone, I've been getting into the "trancy" Progressive sounds like whats on Anjunadeep and I was wondering if there were any other good labels with that relaxed trance sound. I know beatport calls it progressive, but (and I'm about to date myself) back in the late nineties they'd have called it trance. so if anyone has any ideas to throw my way I'd appreciate it.

(Preferably I'm looking for labels that have some compilations to check out)
    hey dude check out ektoplasm theyre a free download site good quality tunes available in mp3(why bother) FLAC and WAV beatport is good if your looking for a specific track but ektoplasm has the sound that you are more likely to hear at parties. hope this helped.

Tech Mentor

goa & psytrance ≠ house

imho
    Xone 42, 12x0 mk2, Adam Audio Monitors and Sub

Tech Student

Spinnin, Toolroom, Axtone are 3 good ones

Quote Originally Posted by MRHISTAMINE View Post
    mp3(why bother)
    I bother because I don't play on function one systems, and they are just about the only ones you'll be able to tell the difference between a 320 and a WAV/FLAC.

I'll second bedrock. They have a great selection of progressive.

If your into the trancey side of house - most of the "progressive psytrance" produced these days is certainly pretty housey. Check out Iboga records, Tribal Vision records. Their Vanguard and Crosslink compilation albums have been excellent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hekuu0IgquI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCWHjyOFp_s

(shameless plugs to two of my mixes with some tracks of this style:
    http://www.mixcloud.com/deeperbreed/may-ball-demo-mix/

http://www.mixcloud.com/deeperbreed/...boogie-bangle/

sebastiannz

Baroque is a good oldish prog trance label - not sure how many releases it does anymore though.

Tech Convert

OP, if you're looking for the Anjunadeep sound, then I don't think Bedrock or Baroque is what you're looking for. I would recommend Outside the Box (run by Eelke Kleijn, who is an Anjunadeep artist). Frisky Records also puts out great prog-house. If these work, let me know, and I can recommend some more.

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    I bother because I don't play on function one systems, and they are just about the only ones you'll be able to tell the difference between a 320 and a WAV/FLAC.

I'll second bedrock. They have a great selection of progressive.
    Mate I can Hear the dif on my studio monitors let alone a function one
    Spawnafunk(GHETTO SMURF)
    MPD 24,X1,Numark x9,Alesis M1 active,Sony Vaio,Audio dj 6,Traktor Pro 2,and an empty wallet

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast