Traktor beat gridding (noob questions, sorry)

Default Traktor beat gridding (noob questions, sorry)

I'm just learning my way around Traktor 2 and I can't seem to 'get' Beat Gridding. I've got some tracks ripped from vinyl that Traktor can't Auto-Grid...

I've set the grid point and then moved along the track from start to finish lining up so that the beat is on the grid the whole way through. Occasionally I'll accidentally miss a part out, say half way through the track, and once I've got to the end of the track with the grid correct, I'll notice, try and correct the grid in the middle of the track, and it then messes up the grid at the start of the track - why would this be?

Hope that's not too confusing!

Quote Originally Posted by prettyconfused View Post
    I'm just learning my way around Traktor 2 and I can't seem to 'get' Beat Gridding. I've got some tracks ripped from vinyl that Traktor can't Auto-Grid...

I've set the grid point and then moved along the track from start to finish lining up so that the beat is on the grid the whole way through. Occasionally I'll accidentally miss a part out, say half way through the track, and once I've got to the end of the track with the grid correct, I'll notice, try and correct the grid in the middle of the track, and it then messes up the grid at the start of the track - why would this be?

Hope that's not too confusing!
    Traktor isn't too great with auto beat gridding vinyl rips...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIxl5954ib4
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

This will help with vinyl rips:

http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/02/1...-ableton-pt-1/

and check out the link in my signature.
    PC | TSP2 | A8 | S4 | X1 | T1200MK2

Beat Gridding Tutorial