reply from NI over cpu usage - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

U guys gotta relize it just came out. U cant expect it to run like tp1
    Equipment------
    --HP Dv6T Select Editon. i5 6gb DDR3, backlit keys and touchscreen.

It has been MY experience, with two laptops that worked really well with Traktor Scartch Pro 1:

With both Audio 8, and Audio 2 interfaces and:

1x Kontrol X1 (with custom mapping, including Send Monitor State-known to cause issues)

2x Denon DN-SC2000 (LOTS of LED feedback, known to cause issues

In T1, I had to have my latency bumped up to around 15ms total system latency to achieve glitch-less performance, I ALSO had to disable the MIDI outputs to my DN-SC2000 controllers, so they did not receive any LED output from Traktor (there was NO setting, with any driver, that would provide complete stability with LED feedback on the Denon's).

In T2 I am able to set the user defined latency setting as low as possible, witch is measures as 9.5ms of total system latency by T2's new interface. At this latency setting, I am ALSO able to ENABLE the LED feedback to my Denon controllers with ABSOLUTE stability.

I had two friends help me spam the buttons on the X1, and both Denons, and I was not able to produce any artifacts.

Whereas in T1, EVEN at the "stable" latency settings, if I spammed the buttons "too" much, Traktor would COMPLETELY crash.

So, at least "I" have experienced an INCREDIBLE increase in "stability" with T2.

It is worth stating that I have no use for sample decks, and I only ever use two decks in Traktor.
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Please do not bother me about being a productive member of society.

>i dont know why he
    >didnt ask you
    >why you were talking like
    >this...

dickmove.gif
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by BennyJ View Post
    U guys gotta relize it just came out. U cant expect it to run like tp1
    My point exactly. And if you have experienced a crash at this early stage while playing out live and havent tested the shit out of Tpro2 its your own fault.

Software crashes thats life especially in a new releases early days.
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MuzicFreq View Post
    You obviously didnt read my post for my CPU usage is usually sitting at 2-3% in task manager but TP2 shows 100%
    2 completely separate reading and making TP2 readings wrong or reading something else. Also YES OF COURSE MY USB SETTINGS ARE SET UP CORRECTLY! ITS MY FLIPPING GAMING PC FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! lol

Also I did mention I think at TP1 works fine
    By gaming PC he means his mom's eMachine. You obviously aren't doing something right.
    Live Gear : MacBook Pro 13" & 15" (depends which one I grab), Kontrol S4, Midi-Fighter, Shure SRH750DJ, Dedication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    itajen just told Chilly to read the fucking manual... lol
    *takes hat off and bows to itajen*
    Be the change you want to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    >i dont know why he
    >didnt ask you
    >why you were talking like
    >this...

dickmove.gif
    this is what i got

Quote Originally Posted by itajeN View Post
    By gaming PC he means his mom's eMachine. You obviously aren't doing something right.
    huh?
    emachines? sure my keyboard is some flatkey emachines but my whole PC was bought piece by piece which I went on an upgrade spree from a dual core to quad (Nothing justifies 6 cores yet to me)
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Tech Mentor

huh?
    emachines? sure my keyboard is some flatkey emachines but my whole PC was bought piece by piece which I went on an upgrade spree from a dual core to quad (Nothing justifies 6 cores yet to me)
    No. It's just the fact that the thing's you've said about computers here, shows that you really don't know anything about them. Thus, I laugh and make fun of your lack of knowledge when you try to post something intellegent. It's been known that TP2 uses a different method for CPU usage. A simple task/activity monitor proves that. Sigh. Close this thread please.
    Live Gear : MacBook Pro 13" & 15" (depends which one I grab), Kontrol S4, Midi-Fighter, Shure SRH750DJ, Dedication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    itajen just told Chilly to read the fucking manual... lol
    *takes hat off and bows to itajen*
    Be the change you want to see in the world.

No. It's just the fact that the thing's you've said about computers here, shows that you really don't know anything about them. Thus, I laugh and make fun of your lack of knowledge when you try to post something intellegent. It's been known that TP2 uses a different method for CPU usage. A simple task/activity monitor proves that. Sigh. Close this thread please.
    You want it closed because you just made yourself look like a complete idiot?
    I did say that TP2 shows 100% but windows task manager shows 2-3%
    Maybe if you learn to read you can see that I do know things about PCs you numbskull! And btw If traktor uses over 12GHz processing then Im calling B.S.
    Traktor is seeing something else, not the CPU

And yet here i am feeding a fucking troll
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

You want it closed because you just made yourself look like a complete idiot?
    I did say that TP2 shows 100% but windows task manager shows 2-3%
    Maybe if you learn to read you can see that I do know things about PCs you numbskull! And btw If traktor uses over 12GHz processing then Im calling B.S.
    Traktor is seeing something else, not the CPU

And yet here i am feeding a fucking troll
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast