reply from NI over cpu usage - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tombruton69 View Post
    my computer isnt having any probs with running it its just effecting the cpu meters, running it in a custom shell aswell and it flies in that. So for gigs will be using custom shell

There is a good chance traktor is developed on macs so that could be y it runs better, also there is alot less hardware options to deal with than on a pc.

the other thing I keep saying is if you buy a cheap pc it will be made using cheap parts if u buy an expensive pc there is a good chance it will be made using decient parts.

guna try installing t2 on an old dell 1510 see how it runs just for fun, if i can get it running perfectly will post it on here just to wind ppl up
    can't be arsed to find the link atm, but look for the 'drivers wanted' article from homepage, explains the diff between mac and pc

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    i'm running windows with no problem.

if issues are had, something is wrong

/thread
    Why is it that when Windows works its regarded as an exception, rather than a rule. I have had not one SINGLE glitch with TP2/S4 on Win7.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tombruton69 View Post
    There is a good chance traktor is developed on macs so that could be y it runs better,
    This is not true Tom.

Whether anyone believes me or not i do not care but Traktor is developed and tested on both platforms.

Id even venture to say that more of the Beta team run windows or at least both PC and Mac.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    With all due respect, it's that type of complacency that let's software manufacturers put out dodgy releases right off the bat and get away with it. If consumers were a bit demanding, professional grade software would be released in much better shape.
    You obviously never took part in a software development process or any other engineering process. There is no such thing as solid "professional grade" standard (in fact it's all driven by marketing demands, but that's a different story). All the software has glitches and that's how it will always be. Especially around the main releases. It's just not humanly possible not to make mistakes - that's part of life.

What there is, however, is the good will of the engineering teams to grow the software to a stable and mature product, but that needs time. And again, once it's stable enough, the market starts pushing badly on new features and it all repeats itself. New goals, new challenges, new mistakes.

In fact, I believe that applies to every complex technical product out there. New releases are always a dodgy from the start (some stay dodgy). Think about the mechanics in the vehicles and obviously every gadget which runs whatever software.

Nonetheless, as a real time application, TP2 is quite sensitive on windows. There may be reasons for this, but they have to overcome them. Most are outside of the NI's code, but some related to their implementation. After all, NI is stating windows as fully supported platform, so they need to back this statement up ...

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanBlake View Post
    Why is it that when Windows works its regarded as an exception, rather than a rule. I have had not one SINGLE glitch with TP2/S4 on Win7.
    what I said was aimed at sarasin...

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BennyJ View Post
    U guys gotta relize it just came out. U cant expect it to run like tp1
    Whereas the initial release of TP1, as far as I remember it, was riddled with bugs and issues. There are STILL bugs they know about they haven't fixed.

But every release (except probably from 2.4.1 to 3, or from 3.4 to TPro) has gotten marginally better. *shrug* In a few months TPro2 will be running rather well on everyone's systems with a few tweaks here and there.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Default High CPU Usage On Traktor Scratch Pro 2

Hey Guys!!! I'm Having A Real Big Problem With TSP 2.
    Since The Installation It Gives Me A Very High Cpu Usage Reading.
    I've Read That This Is Not Really A Problem As Long As It Doesn't Hit The Red.
    But Mine Has. & The Program Freezes When It Goes Red, Specially When Using My Audio 8 On Time Code.
    I Have The New Macbook Pro 17 Inch With An Quad Core I7 Processor & I Don't Think That My Machine Or Traktor Should Be Doing This. I've Try Re Installing The Program But No Luck. I've Even Tried A New Download But Still No Luck.
    If Any 1 Has A Solution 2 This Please Help As I Rely On Traktor 4 My Work :-(

One more post like this and you can consider yourself banned, exokinetic!
    I don't know if it will be permanent or not, but you will be put inactive for a set time period!

Don't ever, and I repeat EVER make these kind of suggestions again!!

We of DJTT can not be blamed for these kind of stupid smart- Alec internet remarks that can be taken wrong. You do the math before pulling a stunt like this!

This goes out to ANYONE on the boards!

-tekki.
    Last edited by tekki; 04-18-2011 at 03:52 PM.
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Please do not bother me about being a productive member of society.

Quote Originally Posted by exokinetic View Post
    No need to quote this stupid remark.

-tekki
    A little harsh!!?? I understand your frustration cos the guy's clearly not done any research but telling him to hang himself is a little over the top and pretty fucking rude. There is enough attitude in this thread with out that!!
    Last edited by tekki; 04-18-2011 at 03:51 PM.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exokinetic View Post
    No need to quote this stupid remark.

-tekki.
    Totally inappropriate and not in keeping with this forum. No more posts like this again.
    Last edited by tekki; 04-18-2011 at 03:49 PM.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast