I am a f**king idiot.

Default I am a f**king idiot.

Ok so this afternoon i thought i would sort my hard drives out for time machine as i have had a mac a while now and not set it up + my girlfriends shes getting a mac tomorrow,i keep all my music on separate hard drives so to the story.

i had all my dj music and all my main music collection (all my rock stuff etc..) on a hard drive.

transferred it all to a new hard drive then deleted it all reformatted the drive added a time machine partition all done

on to the next hard drive for some fucking reason i had thought i had moved it all back on to the newly re formatted hard drive so deleted everything again and reformatted.

and well it turns out i never.

i aint bothered about my dj music as i delete it all every few months and most of that is backed up on a HDD back home. and all my ableton stuff i keep stored on the mac but my main music collection was not backed up and its now gone forever which took me years to put together,so i am gonna have to rebuild it but at least i have my itunes list so i know what to get back

moral of the story is i am an idiot and back up and back up again

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Do you have the songs on an ipod? If you do it's possible to take them off of the ipod using a program called senuti... not sure if it's free anymore but if it's not, what's 10 or 15$ compared to regaining your whole music collection?

moral of the story is BACK UP EVERYTHING AND OFTEN
    fix'd.
    We all make mistakes man, I'm sure you'll sort it out
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

i dont have an ipod right now my iphone and my ipod both got stolen a few months back and just not replaced them yet,and its not the end of the world but just a major pain.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You may be able to quite a bit back with a data recovery program
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

That, and depending on where a lot of your collection came from you can re-download tracks and such that you have purchased from a lot of the places.

cheers guys i will.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Been there, recovery soft got back most of it

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I ran a recovery program on a flash card I used for my camera once. It was finding pictures that were over a year old. Keep in mind I am a photographer and I format my cards religiously. I was amazed and a little scared at the same time that that much stuff was still on there.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x