Master/Slave in Traktor Pro
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Master/Slave in Traktor Pro

Hi there,

I'm a total n00b to the whole dj, but I'm up and coming. I just recently subscribed to the gospel of eangolden and got myself a VCI-100 and Traktor Pro. The issue I'm now seeing is setting Master and Slave tempos (as in the tutorial ean has up on youtube). TPro doesn't seem to have this functionality?

I read up on the NI forums that their aware of this issue, but does anyone know if this issue has been addressed with the 2 updates already available?

Thanks...

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Instead of Master/Slave you have Master/Sync. Sync, in my opinion, is pretty much the same thing as Slave. One deck (or clock) will be the master and the other decks will be sync'd to it.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Yeah, but it doesn't really work the same. I think it's a little buggy. The NI forums don't really help that much either.. see here -> http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...ad.php?t=72960

A lot of people point this out, but I'm trying to figure out if the issue has been addressed with the available updates (I've asked in their forum, but to no response).

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Tech Guru

this is without a doubt one of my biggest gripes about traktor pro.

the slave button is such a beutiful thing about traktor 3.. the sync button in Pro does not function the way the slave does in Traktor3, in fact quite often when I hit the sync button in pro it will bring the track back to the last beat mark which will make a mix trainwreck.

the native instruments forums are filled with fanboys who are blinded by NI hype and go out of their way to defend a lackluster product despite it's many errors. I don't know how such a reputable company gets away with releasing a product full of inexcusable bugs like the wack keylock, unresponsive bpm tap, glitchy fx etc. etc.
    Last edited by wrong chris; 01-21-2009 at 03:45 AM.

IMHO - I think it's the beta mentality of many companies these days. Let the consumers beta test, and then the company shores up the product with updates just to appease stock holders. I read an article on Gizmodo about this. Everything from Windows Vista to the iPhone (to name a few) have had tremendous flaws in their first iterations for the purpose to almost rush it to market to start turning a profit, and make adjustments later...

This is a trend I did not know NI would subscribe to, but now it seems as such unfortunately.

I am just testing it now because you guys are complaining about it but i am not having any problems.

2 beatgridded tracks, one set to master the other set to slave - no jumping to the cue or anything like that.

I sync to the master clock personally so this hasnt had alot of testing but i cant confirm it does work all the time solidly - if you guys are having problems with it not working at all then you are doing something wrong. If it works sometimes but not others then its probably a bug.
    Last edited by BentoSan; 01-21-2009 at 08:06 PM.

See, it doesn't do that to me either. I never sync to the master clock and I have switched master and sync tracks through mixes and not had a problem.

Duerr, are you sure you don't have some sort of double map going on, where the button for sync is the same as "Jump to Active Cue" or something?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

mine was syncing to the metronome ("master"?) for a while but it pissed me off so i changed it. its in the options menu somewhere
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

If you set the clock to Auto then it just reads out whatever the master deck is
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Guru

I think the problem is that I'm oldschool and prefer to mix without beatgrids. My technique in traktor is to just ride the tempo and use the pitchbends to keep things flush, much the same how one would do with turntables/cd decks. This is very easy to achieve in Traktor3, but not so easy in TraktorPro

Although I can see the benefits of beatgridding tracks pre-performance, If I wanted a software that required painstaking programing before performance I would use Ableton to DJ.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast