Hi folks,

I was just wondering how everyone has been working with Traktor Pro 2 when it comes to using sample decks and loop recorder as the most noticable new features.

I hope this will give other people a source of inspiration and ideas they haven't thought about using traktor in a different way.

After fumbling around with the mapping for more than 2 weeks, I've finally found my ideal mapping for now.

Playing with it, I've been thinking about the concept of seeing Traktor as a production tool. Of course not full blown productions, but some serious drumkit-kinda looping productions.

Ok, here's what I do (pretty simple):
  1. First, building up an ever grown sample database from bits and pieces of favourite tracks.
  2. Assign those one-shots (mostly) to sample decks.
  3. play around with them, compose some sweet fresh beats.
  4. record them layer-for-layer or in one go with the loop recorder.
  5. Save them as a sample loop.

A general tip using all four decks as sample decks when in this mode, cause this gives you maximal effects tweaking on the different elements of your beat.

et voila: some serious customized beats!

I like this so much I've actually made a seperate view and mapping for DJing and 'producing' and am working on a different mapping specifically for production (I have a launchpad laying around somewhere here).