Traktor: 2 grids?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor: 2 grids?

I've noticed with a few old tracks - perfect example being Rhythim is Rhythim - It Is What It Is - that, presumably because of the equipment used, the track beat grids perfectly in Traktor and then drops and goes out of time.

Is there any way in Traktor two have 2 separate grids to lock the beat to?

A more extreme example would be to have a 4/4 beat track at 130bpm that then switches to, say, 100bpm (which would be odd!)

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Yes, drop another grid marker at the drop. The displayed BPM will be off though.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

nope. you can set a new beatgrid point, but you can't change the bpm of the grid. This is a massively requested feature for Traktor Pro.

The only option at the moment is to warp the track in ableton so it fits a perfect grid.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Or keep dropping new beatgrid anchors every few beats. depending on the BPM difference this might be useful or not.

Tech Mentor

Or tap it in when you need it.

I put another beat grid in and it just sends out the first beat grid...so appears to do nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by prettyconfused View Post
    I put another beat grid in and it just sends out the first beat grid...so appears to do nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    you can set a new beatgrid point, but you can't change the bpm of the grid.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    So what would putting a new grid in there do? In conjunction with the other one I mean.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Like we said the BPM will be off from the point of the second grid marker, but if the song drifts the BPM is going to be off anyway. So if I have a song that drifts I'll set up an intro loop, usually somewhere pretty close to the first grid marker. Then when I start the next song it's in sync. Then towards the end I'll drop another grid marker and have an outro loop close to that. The songs will usually stay in sync long enough to get the job done.

This doesn't really work for long blends and live bands where the drummer was extremely stoned when they were in the studio. For those instances warping Ableton is your best bet.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Using a second beatgrid marker is key after breakdowns. Sometimes the producer will use a sample that does not hold exactly to the rhythm, so the drop will be a few milliseconds off (or half a beat) BUT the track will continue at the same tempo.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast