You know what sucks about Psy/Prog
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default You know what sucks about Psy/Prog

The songs are so damn long that when you get 4 compilations off of beatport you have to wait for freaking ever to get all 65 tracks downloaded...Drum and bass has spoiled me and I need a better connection
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

Hehe i feel ya mate Juno seems to get some albums a lot quicker .. Got the new E-Clip album 2 weeks before beatport had it. Overall tho the psy stuff is pretty slow to go digital.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Right on, I just grabbed up Best of my sets - Emok and Best of my sets Banal off of Iboga records, A Nukketal records compilation an Iono records compilation and Day Din "Sync Yourself" Basically I have a new addiction, crack may actually be cheaper. A couple of questions about mixing Psy though, It seems like it's "double droppable" like drum and bass, but there are a whole lot of 4 (or 8 or whatever) beat "breaks", how do you deal with all of that. also what has the more relaxed, driving sound kinda like psy-progressive house if that makes any sense.... and by the way when I was in the army I was stationed in okinawa japan and went to alot of goa/psy parties...that shit was freaking cool

The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.

start mixing 3.30 from the end check out some of our prog stuff mate like the horizons mixes for some ideas.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I started following you on soundcloud, but it won't let me play the horizons mixes for whatever reason, so I'm playing the newest DJTT train mix, it's really nice, though a bit harder than my tastes go generally....good shit though...and yeah 3:30 from the end is where it goes down :P I just need to buy a set of songs that you put together and pay attention...drum and bass is so much easier for me to mix, all those damn breaks and all the damn concussions are hard on the old memory (I guess I could always make the "DJ Big Head Re Edit of whatever track has the offending break and just pull it out of it, but that would be cheating, wouldn't it now) And what I was getting to in my previous post was that it's weird that psy is resistant to the whole digital thing, all the goa / psy parties I went to in japan were CDJ only (mostly, I'm sure there were a few tt guys) and that was back in 99-02...odd that it's slow to hit digital download

well the good news is that psyshop has a *small* digital section now, only a few labels at the moment though. cd's are cheap as chips thru them.

Just got the horizons:western to start playing, the vangelis intro is excellent... gonna have nice dreams this evening

nice one !

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

EDM, clogging your interwebz

Basically I have a new addiction, crack may actually be cheaper.

Know what you mean at least music wont make our teeth fall out:eek:
    Spawnafunk(GHETTO SMURF)
    MPD 24,X1,Numark x9,Alesis M1 active,Sony Vaio,Audio dj 6,Traktor Pro 2,and an empty wallet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast