Beatler 1.6 - Concept (new features) - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by completej View Post
    do you have plans to support ID3 tag updates? I typically use Trainspotter to do it using discogs, which i notice you acquire info from for tagging...
    Currently we just have albumart tagging but we will be turning on the actual tag edit functionality soon. I would like the app to just do all that for you but we will put in a normal editor as well. I want it to have some pretty advanced features so it will likely not be in the app till 1.9-2.0.
    I am no longer affiliated with Beatler/Beatport Pro.
    Gearslut, Tech Whore, Programmer, Graphic Designer, Photographer, DJ/Producer
    Current Setup: Macbook Pro 15" Core i7, Macbook 13", Xone 4D, 2x Xone 1D, 2x Korg PadKontrol, iPad2, Novation Remote Zero SL MKII, APC40, APC20, Axiom Pro 49, Novation Launch Pad, TraktorPro 2, Ableton

(quick update) we are currently working on an advanced file renaming feature for 1.6 so from here on out when the app downloads your tracks it will rename along with sorting them how ever you like Ill post the full feature set in the next few days.
    Current Setup: Macbook Pro 15" Core i7, Macbook 13", Xone 4D, 2x Xone 1D, 2x Korg PadKontrol, iPad2, Novation Remote Zero SL MKII, APC40, APC20, Axiom Pro 49, Novation Launch Pad, TraktorPro 2, Ableton

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

I was having random loading issues, meaning the player would load a song and not play it unless you added it again to the list. 1 every 20 tracks or so. No matter if I was picking random tunes or relistening to the crate.

Photo told me he had this behaviour sometimes on the site, translating the issue to Beatport's database, but I never experienced it as often.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    I was having random loading issues, meaning the player would load a song and not play it unless you added it again to the list. 1 every 20 tracks or so. No matter if I was picking random tunes or relistening to the crate.

Photo told me he had this behaviour sometimes on the site, translating the issue to Beatport's database, but I never experienced it as often.
    Which build are you currently using?

I noticed this happening a bit more sense they launched the new beta site. Usually this is due to them messing with the API.

20-4. The 24-4 (night build) won't boot for me (as in click and nothing happens)

I'm running 10.6.7 btw

20-4. The 24-4 (night build) won't boot for me (as in click and nothing happens)
    Did you make sure 1.5.1 is not running? (they cant run at the same time)

Yup, straight from a fresh boot. I'll try redownloading the app. I'm pretty sure the problem is on my side

Yup, straight from a fresh boot. I'll try redownloading the app. I'm pretty sure the problem is on my side
    just to make sure ill put an uncompressed copy in my DB (same one i'm using) I think i saw you grab the zipped one a few hours ago

Quote Originally Posted by Kinetik View Post
    just to make sure ill put an uncompressed copy in my DB (same one i'm using) I think i saw you grab the zipped one a few hours ago
    Hmmmm, still can't open it (damn dropbox). Now it's personal, It won't beat me

Quick update on the whole not playing right away as i had it a bit wrong

"Beatport geographically host their audio content so we access it through different servers" -Rupert

translation the server you are getting the clip from is lagging a little bit.

let me know if you still get consistent delay throughout the rest of the week. also instead of reloading the track just wait a bit and see if it starts playing (which it should)

also can you open up terminal and ping geo-samples.beatport.com and send me the IP you get.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast