Beatler 1.6 - Concept (new features)
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Beatler 1.6 - Concept (new features)

Ok Beatler 1.6 is in the works, we listened to everybody's feedback and this is how its looking so far.

http://cl.ly/68nW

Any thoughts?

ill dish out details on a few new features and fixes today

-J

(Update) Just for fun

Beatler Beta 0.1

http://cl.ly/67vI - 2 Years Ago
    Last edited by Kinetik; 04-20-2011 at 04:16 AM.
    I am no longer affiliated with Beatler/Beatport Pro.
    Gearslut, Tech Whore, Programmer, Graphic Designer, Photographer, DJ/Producer
    Current Setup: Macbook Pro 15" Core i7, Macbook 13", Xone 4D, 2x Xone 1D, 2x Korg PadKontrol, iPad2, Novation Remote Zero SL MKII, APC40, APC20, Axiom Pro 49, Novation Launch Pad, TraktorPro 2, Ableton

I like the look. The only big thing that it seems to be missing is the ability to search for a restricted track on other labels without going through a manual search.

I still think $10 was a bit steep for that app, but it's a fine product. If it doesn't come with free updates for a long while, though…I'd be pissed.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

I'll update and try to get some feedback on it.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

dumb me, misread :P

I like the interface tweaks in general, I would consider revert back to regular osx sized close/minimize/zoom buttons to keep the design line with rest of the OS.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    dumb me, misread :P

I like the interface tweaks in general, I would consider revert back to regular osx sized close/minimize/zoom buttons to keep the design line with rest of the OS.
    the traffic lights (close/min/zoom) are just from my Mac GUI kit those wont go in to the app itself.

Features/Fixes

Single line Table Columns.
    Separated Column Headers. (artist/remixer/label/genre/etc)
    Dock Icon Play Status Indicator.
    Minor color tweaks to the UI
    Of Interest Table Background Color Highlighting
    Purchased/InCrate Table Background Color Highlighting
    Search Type Buttons Have Glyphs Instead of just text
    New Source List Icons
    +More

I still think $10 was a bit steep for that app, but it's a fine product. If it doesn't come with free updates for a long while, though…I'd be pissed.
    Check out how much an album art downloader all by itself costs

Considering how much work goes in to beatler, how much development so far (2 years) and how big of a project beatler is.. $10 is a steal. In the end the app is worth what ever you are willing to pay

But just as an example I save about 500+ hours a year purchasing and digging for music by using beatler instead of the website.. now ask yourself this what would you like to be doing with that time?

Not a sales pitch.. just the truth for me

We update about once a week TBH but only beta testers get to see the weekly/daily builds and hotfixes. The MAS release review stuff takes a bit so you are looking like updates/fixes once a month or so.

Ill also mention we have lots in store for beatler that goes way beyond just buying music on beatport.

@Paddy ill send you a copy of the current 1.6 beta tomorrow morning (stable).
    PM me your email so I can invite you to my dropbox
    Current Setup: Macbook Pro 15" Core i7, Macbook 13", Xone 4D, 2x Xone 1D, 2x Korg PadKontrol, iPad2, Novation Remote Zero SL MKII, APC40, APC20, Axiom Pro 49, Novation Launch Pad, TraktorPro 2, Ableton

Debating whether or not to pick it up, I mainly use my DJ pool for tracks now, but once in a while I have to go through BeatPort to pick out select tracks that I can't get from the pool.

Tech Wizard

i wasn't sure how I felt about Beatler after reading the piece on DJTT front page but looking at 1.6 I am well more interested, anything that makes the Beatport experience more bearable is great for me. I dig the crates and the tabs and i like the aesthetic of it, when do you think this version will be available?

Quote Originally Posted by darryljames View Post
    i wasn't sure how I felt about Beatler after reading the piece on DJTT front page but looking at 1.6 I am well more interested, anything that makes the Beatport experience more bearable is great for me. I dig the crates and the tabs and i like the aesthetic of it, when do you think this version will be available?
    Rupert is busy putting the final changes in right now. We should have a beta out in the next 24 hours (if you purchase through our site and PM me your email I can send you a copy) the beta will be about a week long and then a 9 day Apple review so say like 2 weeks.

also here is some info on the new "smart crates" feature. we still have some bugs to work out but so far here is what we have.

So right now you have a default crate and when ever you add something via hotkey it just goes to the default crate. With smart crates you will be able to define custom filters to crates. for example... lets say I have a crate I want just for Tech House. I just set a genre filter to the crate and any time I add a track to a crate that meets that criteria it will automatically get sorted in to the appropriate crate this rule can be applied with any combination of filters. Artist/Label/Genre/Etc

This may not make it in to 1.6 in which case you will see it in 1.7

final note.. When we finish 2.0 prepare to be impressed... Sooo many new BIG features.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kinetik View Post

final note.. When we finish 2.0 prepare to be impressed... Sooo many new BIG features.
    Can't wait for that
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

having re-read the article on 1.5 again I have a question, I do not use iTunes to organise the music I dj with, I do that on a completely separate drive and do not have any of it in my iTune library. Is the functionality that creates a playlist in iTunes configurable, ie can I turn it off or circumvent it?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast