Hercules RMX mapping: Internal or External Mode?

Default Hercules RMX mapping: Internal or External Mode?

So,here's the deal:

I recently bought myself a Hercules RMX DJ console and spend pretty my entire day yesterday and have yet to finish it,but during my time mapping I've encountered the problem that I can't seem to find a way to control both my volume faders and assign my headphones cue,because in external mode my volume faders can't be controlled and in internal mode my headphones cue is disabled.
    This seems to be a common problem and there's probably an easy solution for it I just haven't come up with yet,but I would be very pleased if someone could help

I am still working on completing mapping for the rmx but i have the basics set-up and didnt have any issues with the cue.

at the moment i am using to mix internally.

is the rmx your only controller?

is there a reason you are trying to mix externally? do you have an inputs? cdj's, turntables? audio2,4,6,8,10?
    MPB - TP - TS Pro 2 - Audio 6 - Technics 1200mk2 - Xone 22 - xone53 - Kontrol X1 - Axiom 49 - M-audio C400

Tech Wizard

are you routing the monitor output to the rmx in internal mode?

if you're only using the rmx exclusively, you shouldnt be mixing externally

Yes,the RMX is my only controller at the moment and I also use internal mode to mix,but I don't seem to get the right setup for my output,I'm routing my monitor to channels 3/4 because my master is the 1/2 and those are the only options I have left.

I'm gonna go right ahead and refer you to sections 8 and 9 of the Traktor Pro manual. You shouldn't be using external mixing mode without an external mixer, I would have thought that was pretty clear.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I have read through the applying section in the manual and it tells me exactly what I just described and still,every time I press monitor cue it plays through my speakers.
    If I switch my channels it plays entirely through my headphones,regardless of monitor cue.
    And btw,I only switched to external mode because I desperately tried to find a solution :P

I got it fixed,thanks everyone for the help.

external mode means one set of outputs will constantly play deck A at full volume and the other will constantly play deck B. without an external mixer this is of course useless.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

You made a wise choice in purchasing the Hercules RMX :P But consider looking into getting a better audio interface as when you want to use timecode capability / mapping multiple LED outputs.

On the LED front if you have your LED respond to volume readings the sound becomes really distorted and you have to increase the latency to a much higher setting of 20ms to get no distortion . . (N)

Otherwise a well builld controller!
    | TSP2 | Behringer DJX 750 | NI Audio 8 | Asus Eee PC | Novation Launchpad | Kontrol X1 | 2x Technics 1210 MK II's

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

On the LED front if you have your LED respond to volume readings the sound becomes really distorted and you have to increase the latency to a much higher setting of 20ms to get no distortion . . (N)
    Not quite true, only seems to apply to the sync LED's which slow everything down / Midi does not respond properly, I was running 10ms on macbook pro / T-pro with the cues as phase monitors without any issues.

Might wanna check out my 4 deck mapping too

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20721

Great lil controller, built like a freakin tank.