Recording Mixes in Traktor Pro 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Recording Mixes in Traktor Pro 2

Hey guys,
    I'm unable to get any kind of recording done in Traktor Pro 2. I'm using just a laptop and an Audio 2 DJ. My output monitor is assigned to chans 3 & 4, while my master is set to chans 1 & 2. I've tried switching chans 1 & 2 to Record, but to no avail, the audio recorder doesn't budge.

I'm a tad confused as this is the setup I used in previous versions of Traktor Pro.

Any suggestions?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

You want to record internally.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Exactly, but how?

Tech Wizard

Check the preferences for Mix Recorder. I usually set it to Internal and it just records the Main output. Not sure what the external setting might be, but they seem to record only 1 deck at a time.

THAT WAS IT. I'm so derp.

Thanks both of you.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

No, external recording will record whatever deck you have set in your Input Routings to receive a signal. So, you plug your Booth Out or Record Out from your mixer into Ins 1/2 on your interface. You then set Deck A to receive signal from Ins 1/2. This way, if you set Deck A in Traktor as an Audio Through it will pick up whatever is coming in from Ins 1/2. You could set it to whatever order you want.

Then you would set Record In as Deck A in your external recording deck. That way it will record whatever comes in from Deck A, which is routed to receive Ins 1/2
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Student

Thank you from me too. I was just having the same issue, looked it up, and now have a fix in 2 minutes flat.

Tech Student

Hi I am completely new to traktor, digital djing and am struggling big time!!! been a dj for almost 10 years and all the tech its getting me down!!

I have set up rca cables into channel d in my audio 10 coming from my booth out from my mixer.
    when i play a tune on traktor i can see the levels next to the record button moving with the music so guessing all is good. However I got 2 problems...1 the you tube video showed me to use booth out so I can control the levels with my mixer... this doesnt work and also the levels are no way near the as loud as i want them. I have tried to increase with the traktor gain to plus 12db but still only just over half unless i have my gains and master output on my mixer reallly high and too loud for my small room.

problem 2 even more annoying....when i do record using traktor i save it on my desktop and when i playback it just makes the high pitch noise of the control record?..... i know this is simple to fiz but im going crazy !!

please someone help..... i need to record my mixes as i just moved to a new area and need to get djing again..... peace

Tech Convert

Default Recording with Latest Traktor + Audio 10 + Allen & Heath Xone 92

Hey guys, don't know if you can help me, but I'm trying to start recording my sets live, and my traktor software always tells me that "Audio-Recording could not be started!"...

Tryed a lot of options, can't give up one of the channels... It gives me the option on "Mix Recording" to use the "Input FX send (ext)" but what's up with that? Where do I plug my RCAA's? What about the preferences on Traktor?What about Maschine? I'm now going to get one. Will there be any problem with recording with Maschine included too?

Please guys, help a brother out.

Greetings from Portugal

Im attempting to record in Traktor, and Im using a Numark Mixdeck. I have tried the internal setting, external setting...but when I finish, and try to listen to my mixes ive recorded, there is no sound. It appears to be very simple to record, but VERY DIFFICULT to figure out this one issue. Can someone please help?????!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast