Fake Blood, MSTRKRFT, & The Bloody Beetroots
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Fake Blood, MSTRKRFT, & The Bloody Beetroots

Has anyone ever noticed that anything Fake Blood touches is GOLDEN?

I dont know what it is about them, but Fake Blood is one of the best in the business.

What about them (techniques, special unique F/X, etc...) makes them so amazing?

Same goes for MSTRKRFT (obviously) and their bastard children, The Bloody Beetroots. Their

Use this thread as an open discussion for these artists.

Tech Guru

yeah gotta say fake blood does kill it, tho mars, bit overplayed now, when i went to the warehouse project, think 3 dj's dropped it.
    but gotta give it to him, he certainly can produce.
    been following bloody beetroots since i downloaded ezekiel eats red hoodie, in 07 i think, they just destroy dancefloors!
    gone off mstrkrft in recent months, guess my sets just dont have room for em.

what makes em special.....there songs can destroy dancefloors!!! nuff said

I have to say I like Fake Bloods productions but as a DJ he put me to sleep . A newer producer I'm really feelin is Mikey B./B.U.N.

Tech Guru

yeah, his productions are pretty tight.
    at the moment im feeling...jokers of the scene, andy george, jack beats, a1 bassline, bok bok, cousin cole, ac slater.

MSTRKRFT is one of my main drops in my sets. He just puts out bangers that people cant deny.

Its the fact that theyre so popular (circa DfA 1979) that their bangers spread so fast that everyone over plays em.

They still light up dance floors, overplayed or not.

Bounce and D.A.N.C.E. (mstrkrft) still blow up crowds when i drop em.

And DETROIT (ghetto edit) is the dirtiest nasty bass everzz. haha. i love it.

what i like best about fake blood is the name drops he uses in all his remixs. word is on the street that he actually takes the acapellas from songs and chops them up to form the words "fake blood". check out his name drops on his remixes of restless by unkle and beeper by kid sister. both drastically different but equally effective

I obliterated a dance floor on NYE with MSTRKRFT's remix of Monster Hospital (Metric) and then again after thirty or so minutes with Annie (Heartbeat).

Same night another DJ killed it with Airbus (D.I.M.).

I take pride in playing MSTRKRFT's stuff since they started just down the street from where I used to live in Toronto.
    ~MacBook 2.4 GHz | Pacemaker 666 | Traktor Pro | Ableton Live 7~
    ~Indie Dance | Nu Disco | Electro House | Old Skool Funk~

Tech Mentor

Crookers is also a big talk in circles now. Nobody can deny Day N Nite Crookers Remix I play that and it brings them out.
    Thank Ya!!!

Tech Guru

Fake Blood is dope. MSTRKRFT is also good, but im more Pop which works well for certain scenes, Fake Blood is more brutal.

Personally I prefer The Black Ghosts, tho they are a v dif style to FB.

Jack Beats imo are fuck'n gold, production is tight as fuck, and TBH more interesting then both MSTRKRFT n Fake Blood. As a DJ Jack Beats were beyond compare, dropping beats like the US drop bombs.

Tech Mentor

midian I'm sure you've heard the Fake Blood remix of The Black Ghosts' "Anyway You Want to Give It"? That was the first track I had heard from either artist and since then I've been hooked on both.

I'm a huge MSTRKRFT fan too. I post on their forum which is super cool because JFK replies every couple days with answers to everyone's questions etc., VERY cool of him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast