Which type of beat matcher are you? Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Which type of beat matcher are you? Discussion

Hi, I was talking to my other friend and we both use traktor for mixing.

Even through theres no wrong way to mix unless its not in time i was wondering how most of the people get ready to beat match inside traktor.

I use the tempo to make sure they are the same, then just use the jog wheel to make sure they are in time, But my friend likes to beat grid the tracks so he can just hit the sync button.

Just curious to how many are beat matching in traktor and if the way that do it is because of the different style of music they are mixing
    First Mix, have a listen you know you want to
    http://soundcloud.com/mattybruce/spr...-daddy-mixtape

i dont beat grid anything...i am an old school DJ and am new to traktor...i hit sync...fire one off and use my ear to keep the other one on beat...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Guru

bit of both... most the time manually though, not because i think manual beatmatching takes more skill - i'd just rather not beatgrid if i don't have to.

i use traktor 3 though, it's a lot more friendly for manual beatmatching imo. traktor pro1&2 the looping and effects are pretty sketchy without gridding.

I do my homework at home, and let Traktor take care of it when I am playing...

But unless you are gonna fader cut over to your intro every time you go play(fairly cheesy imo), you will have to do at least one transition by ear...
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Please do not bother me about being a productive member of society.

Tech Wizard

i use sync all the time. though i do need to match sometimes because sync isn't always perfect. if the technology is there, use it!

after first getting 12's in '97, i'm confident enough in my skills that i don't need to prove to myself or anyone that i can match.

I beatgrid... then again Im using an APC40... almost manditory lol
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

50/50.

when playing live i tend to manual match a bit more (unless i wanna use some effects).

soundcloud mixes are almost always gridded and synced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exokinetic View Post
    I do my homework at home, and let Traktor take care of it when I am playing...
    Pretty much this. I can grid a song in seconds, but it takes a while for me to get done with a song the first time because I'll set loops and cues usually as soon as I get it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Pretty much this. I can grid a song in seconds, but it takes a while for me to get done with a song the first time because I'll set loops and cues usually as soon as I get it.
    I always do this... pick apart each section of the song and then work from there. As I am newb, I have taught myself to not use the sync button. Maybe when I do a mix i'll use it, but for now its all fun.
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

I sync every now and then, but I refuse to do it all the time. A kid I used to be friends with bought controllers and started using only the sync button. One of my friends saw him, had him come play some actual records, and told me he basically embarrassed himself. I don't want to get to used to it and get out of practice for manual stuff like he did. Not that it will happen to everyone, but I don't want to look like the joke that kid made himself look like.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast