VCM-100 and soundcards

Default VCM-100 and soundcards

hey just got the vcm 100, wondering does any body know i should configure the sound card and outputs with traktor. i know i go to preferences and choose the soundcard options and output. but being that the vcm has a sound card built in do i use that one or the built in one in my mac. i watched the run through on youtube but still unclear, i saw that there are only two outs on the vcms sound card.but i need to use head phones to monitor, so do i use one out put for master and the other on monitor instead of booth using the built in sound card of the vcm. by the way i want to use the vcm as a sub mixer meaning my master being fed out into a channel on my regular mixer. what is the best configeration for this
    thanx

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

you'd use the Monitor output on your VCM for the cue process. If you want to send it into a Master Mixer then use the Master Out on that to your speakers and, if you're in a club or a DJ booth or something somewhere, use the Booth Out on the Master Mixer to your monitoring speakers.

For the digital sound cards, just think of it like a regular DJ mixer. The CD decks are all connected internally. The Master Out is the same as your master mixer's master out, and the monitor out is the same as your master mixer's headphone out. It's really no different, just need to route it manually in Traktor, once. :-)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

cool Beans, just finished mapping the midi to traktor dj studio 3, so kool. you guys should do a video on that i could see other guys racking their heads over that one. i cant get the cue light to light up when i toggle the cue like it does in le.
    anyway thanks for the help.
    DJ Ptoe SouL

integral sdx-3700 mixer(whats up George),3 pioneer cdj, 3 techniq turntables, a new vcm-100 and a ton of processing gear isolators and amps. Soulfully deep house being spun @ the longest runnig after hours party in new york city:
    CLUB SHELTER NYC
    Maybe ill see you there
    tell em ptoe soul sent you

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Dude, you spin at Shelter? I know some guys that have run parties there (The whole Vampire Freaks crowd (even though they suck)). I spin at Pyramid on Saturdays. We should chill
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall