Jog mapping help
    Tech Convert

Default Jog mapping help

hi guys,

i have a mixtrack pro, and i use traktor.

im trying to have the jogs work like in VDJ, scratching on top/pitchbending on the sides.

I got it to work, you can find my tsi here http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28886

but there is still one bug:
    when you want to scratch, you usualy move so fast that you actually turn the jog a little bit before you touch the platter hard enough for the scratch command to come in.

so when i do this, you get a short scratch and then the track just continues playing.

HOW DO I FIX THIS??

kinda hard to explain, download the tsi and youll know what i mean.

Tech Wizard

I tried to do this when i got my MTP and switched from VDJ to Traktor. Same thing happened and after many tries, just gave up on it. Seems it's a combo of the commands that the jog wheel sends - there are 2 - the outside of the wheel and the top of the wheel. My thought was that without the scratch button on, the tempo/pitch bend of the outside of the wheel overrides the scratch.

I gave up, would rather just spin and enjoy. I do think it has to be possible though.
    Kontrol S4 + Midi Fighter Classic - Traktor Pro 2 - MBP 15inch

Tech Convert

yeah its exactly like you say. i think im gonna leave it as is, ive been spending more time with mapping than actual spinning lately....

tnx for ur input.