Anyone use the EKS Otus Raw?, input?
    Tech Guru

Default Anyone use the EKS Otus Raw?, input?

Hey all!,

So the EKS Otus Raw came out a couple months ago, and I've been considering picking one up. The problem is that nobody in the area I live in (San Francisco) has one in stock I can demo and get first hand experience with.

Does anyone here own one?. I heard the product was a flop and demand has been really low for them. I've owned an EKS Otus before, it was alright but the platter really sucked and the touch controls were annoying. I'm hoping the Otus Raw corrects some of these issues.

Any input would be great, thanks!

Tech Mentor

I checked out the RAW at NAMM '11 and was very under impressed, if you were dissatisfied with the first otus I dont think you'll like this one any better.

I wouldn't buy one myself.

Tech Guru

That thoroughly sucks to hear, I've been waiting a few years for it to be released and when I went to trade in my Xone DX at my local music store to order an EKS Otus Raw, the guy who owns the place said "Don't the main dealer said it sucks and demand has been low."

Any particular reason why you didn't like it?. Lack of precise controls?, etc?

Tech Mentor

It just didn't feel good to play. it was over-sized and under-filled as far as controls go, lots of wasted space. the drum pads were cheap feeling. the whole thing was cheap feeling. I dont remember liking a single thing about the otus at all.