First Day With My New VCI-300 - Video - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Guru

VCI-300 and black Korg Nano and it has more than a VCI-100.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Morbido View Post
    niiiice skills man... thats pretty impressive!

and btw, he's using itch (you can see it because the volume meter is working - it isn't in tpro).

i ditched itch (as my scratching skills aren't neeeearly as good as yours) and use my vci-300 with traktor pro - much better mixing, controllerism, you name it, but scratching isn't worth a cent in tpro
    I am thinking about...no wait...I will be selling off my RMX to help fund a VCI-300 so it's interesting to get some insight on how it works with TPro, which I also use.

In the upcoming TPro release (1.0.3), NI is adding 14-bit MIDI support so scratching should improve greatly at that point. Itch already has this support built in; Ean's article over at Remix points to this as one of the main factors for the good jog wheel responsiveness.

http://remixmag.com/gear/reviews/rev...i-serato-itch/

i'm sure the 14 bit midi has got something to do with the great responsivness... but i think itch was made specifically for "turntablists", so my guess is that the responsivness in itch will still be better than with tpro (even with 14bit midi)...
    but i could be wrong - we'll see when 1.0.3 comes out

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I'm pretty sure that the 14-bit MIDI implementation is the only thing that sets Itch apart from Traktor in that regard (not commenting on anything other than MIDI implementation)... so theoretically it should be the same. But once again, we'll see.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

Wowzers, can't wait to see more clips of you when you're more familiar with it.

Tech Wizard

Thanks man. More videos coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    Armsteada, you da mofo man! I'm loving your Youtube videos, in fact it was watching you spin (digitally, of course!) which recently convinced me to buy a VCI-100. The thing is I want a a controller that allows me to be more hands on and I'm thinking of selling my VCI-100 and audio interface and joining the growing ranks of VCI-300 owners. Armsteada and all you other VCI-300 owners - is it worth getting the VCI-300 and ditching the VCI-100? Please discuss, as I'm sure there are similar people on this forum thinking the same as me.
    Just wait for the 1.4 firmwate update on the VCI-100 and the VCI-100 platters should be as good at the VCI-300 ones - dont blow you money on something thats getting fixed in the very near future.

Tech Guru

I can say Itch is very, very tight. I hope Traktor will be the same with V 1.03..
    Could be something about the code of Itch and The VCI-300.
    I tell ya , I would be 100% on Itch, if it only offered some decent fx and a filter.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Just wait for the 1.4 firmware update on the VCI-100 and the VCI-100 platters should be as good at the VCI-300 ones - dont blow you money on something thats getting fixed in the very near future.
    I disagree, the VCI-300 has tension adjustment for the (larger) platters, so you can tweak the jogs to your tastes. After playing with the 300, this makes a huge difference to the performance of the platter for nudging, cutting, and scratching.

I'm curious though - is Vestax developing the 1.4 firmware or is it a community supported effort?

Tech Guru

I have a feeling the VCI-100 will turn into a classic Vestax piece and they will move into their new series like VCM-400...VCI-400??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast