Missed opportunity (kinda rant) advice
    Tech Mentor

Default Missed opportunity (kinda rant) advice

So i've been talking to an event company and been trying to get gigs for about half a year now through them. I finally got the call today and they want me to spin a massive event of about 2000 kids. However I can't do this date. How can i say I can't and not burn a bridge?

make it sound like its some personal obligation, but youre open to other dates and such
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Being busy is nowhere near to be a bad reason.. at least it looks like you don't need them TO SURVIVE.

The more busy I am, the more call I get. Next time they call way before instead.
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by DJKeyWee View Post
    Being busy is nowhere near to be a bad reason.. at least it looks like you don't need them TO SURVIVE.

The more busy I am, the more call I get. Next time they call way before instead.
    This. The fact of the matter is, it's better to turn down deals then accept them and not being able to show or not showing at all.

Tell them, sorry I simply cannot make that date because I already have a prior arrangement and am booked for that day. Don't be rude, just simply tell them you're already booked but you would love to do another gig through them at another time.