iPad app for displaying Traktor waveform?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default iPad app for displaying Traktor waveform?

Please? Seriously how cool would that be... I'm checking out Air Display but it looks like that only works as a second monitor. isn't there anyway to frame a section of your screen and display it on an ipad so you can touch-screen it?
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

i was looking into this but cant find anything to suit mac :/
    Theres a thread in the gear section about a cdj2k style midi controller, with two dedicated traktor waveform displays, but i cant find anything similar to this that would work on a mac
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

ummm ok, never mind. I figured out how to do this with VNC and it works but it's just too damn laggy to be practical...

-=-=- just saw your post - yeah that's exactly the kind of thing I had in mind. Maybe if the ipad app were just displaying part of the screen there wouldn;t be so much lag. I want to be able to touch the screen to move up and down the waveform (not the moving one but the one underneath it that shows the whole song).

I wasnt even looking at it for that, i was thinking of just finding a mini-display for the browser and attatching it to an S4, that way i could have the laptop completely out the way

for just a display the VNC might work; the lag is still annoying though, you can't really trust the waveform or beat counters

You should know your tracks by ear anyway, and i dont use beat counters, again by ear, whats this VNC ?

EDIT: looked it up, like teamviewer? ive used it on computers and the screen was resizeable, not sure about using it on an ipad tho, and would it work w/o internet connection?

when you link the ipad to the mbp, is that over ahdoc?
    Last edited by Cook; 04-23-2011 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post
    You should know your tracks by ear anyway, and i dont use beat counters, again by ear, whats this VNC ?

EDIT: looked it up, like teamviewer? ive used it on computers and the screen was resizeable, not sure about using it on an ipad tho, and would it work w/o internet connection?

when you link the ipad to the mbp, is that over ahdoc?
    VNC has some resizing, but not for all platforms. It doesn't on Linux, AFAIK. I've not used it on Mac that often, but there are many viewer clients. It's not "laggy" per se -- it's just that you're sending high res graphical data over the network... it's not going to be fast in the least.

Hearing by ear is nice, but for those of us that buy tons of tracks, the Waveform is necessary. I used to look at the grooves on my records when I was unsure. No reason I shouldn't be able to do so now.

The beat counter is helpful for gridding, and I like being able to jump around by clicking the lower waveform. And the waveform is great for seeing what's coming next. VNC is built into OS X so it was a cinch to set up ... the ipad app I used is Mocha VNC Lite I think it was 99cent (oh yeah and it's resizable you can pinch and grow the screen but you can't make it fit perfect, heh).

Sounds good, when i eventually get an ipad ill look into it ive found when im playing cds (i.e w/o a laptop) you interact with the crowd more, cos your not constantly checking your screen if i had an ipad sat between the mixer and under the lip of the dj booth, and my laptop under the table or something, that would give me the best of both worlds

Tech Mentor

MiLO is using a software tool in his custom controller project that looks like a step towards what you want. There's a couple of programs in his thread that allow you to clone and resize areas of the display and output them to another display, so you can have full width waveforms on the 2nd display for example.
    You could use it to clone and resize a few areas of the Traktor display then VNC them out to the iPad, by the looks of things, altho the VNC latency would still be a problem.
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5489

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast