setting up traktor 2 and my oxygen for the first time.. i have a couple questions

Default setting up traktor 2 and my oxygen for the first time.. i have a couple questions

so everything on my audio 10 that i have plugged somthing into lights up... but i plugged my oxygen 8 into my audio 10 and the spot where it looks like the midi In should light up isnt lighting up, also my oxygen 8 is not being powered.. in eans video it looks like he only has it connected via midi as well as the cable to his foot switch.. anyone know what the problem might be?

also... i thought the crackling and buzzing sound i was hearing from my rokit 8's and 10s speakers were because of the shitty port on my lap top... but now im noticing they do it even when not connected to my laptop. anyone know what might be up? it dosnt seem to be an issue when music is playing. like during the quiet parts of a song.
    2 x Technics 1210 M5g / Rane TTM 56 / Rokit krk 8's and 10s / Lenovo 15" i7 4gb / Oxygen 8v2 / HDJ-2000 / TSP2 Audio 10

so i figured out it's because you gota plug it in when you arent connecting it via usb... any answers on the speakers? is that just how poered monitors sound when they arent playing any music?
    2 x Technics 1210 M5g / Rane TTM 56 / Rokit krk 8's and 10s / Lenovo 15" i7 4gb / Oxygen 8v2 / HDJ-2000 / TSP2 Audio 10