finally got tsp2 working with my oxygen now i have a couple questions about dj'ing

Default finally got tsp2 working with my oxygen now i have a couple questions about dj'ing

Now i'd like to know some of the finer points of mixing... i've never mixed at all before.. im finding out that sync really fucks shit up if ur tracks arent the same bpm... to mix into different bpm tracks do you just use filters and effects? i duno if anyone ever explained really how to mix to alot of you guys... but im interested in mixing lots of different music and i feel like the sync button just isnt going to work.

also dose anyone know if i can set the beat masher knob to play some specific values within a range instead of the full range..
    2 x Technics 1210 M5g / Rane TTM 56 / Rokit krk 8's and 10s / Lenovo 15" i7 4gb / Oxygen 8v2 / HDJ-2000 / TSP2 Audio 10

oh yeah, also j/w... do most dj's seperate there libraries by bpm? that seems like to much work... i just wana mix anything i have in my collection. one more question... how do i make it so one turntable is playing on internal and one is playing on my vinyl? i would do em both internal but i do like to scratch.
    2 x Technics 1210 M5g / Rane TTM 56 / Rokit krk 8's and 10s / Lenovo 15" i7 4gb / Oxygen 8v2 / HDJ-2000 / TSP2 Audio 10

learn to beatmatch?

Tech Mentor

In order for sync to work you have to do 2 things.

#1 You have to have all your tracks beat gridded. You will prolly have to go through most of them and make changed to the beat grids as you see needed.

#2 When you drop a track in, you cant just drop the track in at anytime, hit the sync button and expect it to just sound good.

Before you just start using sync, i suggest you learn to beat match. You will then understand how track need to be mixed and understand how sync should work!
    Good luck

My advice is, go look for the basics on youtube, a forum isnt really a good way to learn these things. If you check youtube you have the visual and audio which is 10.000 times more effective than text....

look up ellaskins on youtube. watch his older stuff
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

watch those tutorials ian has up, the one about using effects to transition and the one about mixing two seperate songs. both are very useful if your new
    Dell 2.3 Ghz 4 Gb Laptop - Windows 7 Premium
    Numark Stealth - Kontrol X1 - Akai LPD8 - APC20 - Novation Launchpad - Numark Mixdeck
    Traktor Pro 2 - Ableton Live 8.100000000000000

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You need to watch some tutorials and read a bunch of the older DJTT articles before you make a blanket statement like that. I sync songs with vastly different BPM's all the time. There's even recent threads on here about that so please do some research.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Get your gridding down then the bpm's become kinda irrelevant.

Here's some tutorials from the man himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAW8X9RSt7A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmgIP3wo7t4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAUtxc42qRA
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "