The Electro Wars - documentary (only 1 week) - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

wow i must say i was pretty disturbed at the part where the photographer defined electro as any music that is electronic and proceded to list house, trance, breakbeat as sub genres of electro (chapter 3)

and yeah sooo many obnoxious horn-rimmed fugly hipters scenesters stupid ass kids in this dumb doc!!!!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by lola View Post
    and yeah sooo many obnoxious horn-rimmed fugly hipters scenesters stupid ass kids in this dumb doc!!!!
    lol its a movie by hipsters on a hipster site what do you expect.

Quote Originally Posted by rhombus_77 View Post
    "Kanye West... was instrumental in bridging the gap between electronic music and mainstream audiences in America" "In 2006...The DJ suddenly became a rockstar"

I believe both the things happened well before the time period the narrator is talking about.
    Agreed. Personally, I think it happened in the late 90's. True, you had electro DJ's, but it was more cheese-driven electro aimed at little teenagers.

However, for me, what really broke the mainstream was 2 Many DJ's "invention" (even though it had been done before via samples etc) of the mashup. Like them or loathe them, I think mashups got a lot of people on board very quickly and catapulted electro DJ's right into the mainstream.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Gaspard and Xavier clearly care about the genre they defined at the time, they just didn't care about answering the stupidly vague questions aimed at getting some god-like quote from a kid who clearly did not know his shit

Why one week? :eek:

Really don't know if I should try to watch this one.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I remember watching the trailer for this forever ago and was pretty excited. What a let down

that was painful too watch.

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    with the exception of a few parts, i have to say that was one of the worst documentaries about dance music culture i've ever seen.
    I'd take away the caveat, but I might not have gotten to them. I gave up in chapter 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Garygary1 View Post
    sooooo much hipster ass kissing.
    That's why.

/thread.

But since it didn't…anyone who praises steve aoki is asking not to be taken seriously. The guy's only accomplishment is that he runs a label that has somehow managed to snag a couple of artists that are moving from nu disco towards a resurgence of acid.

Seriously, though…wake me when Acid takes back over…

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Seriously, though…wake me when Acid takes back over…
    Ahhhh...there's that god-like quote we were looking for

I fuckin love that! I feel a printed T comming on!
    http://soundcloud.com/rvltion909

...chasing beats through ghetto streets...

Ahhhh what the hell was that shit? I wish I could say something that hasn't already been said but I think every has already covered the bases. Is all that crap about lil Jon true? Or is it just him hyping himself up?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast