Smart/super knobs help
    Tech Guru

Default Smart/super knobs help

Have recently gone to traktor 2, never mapped a knob like this before but know it was possible in the past traktor as i used it for different purposes, basically i find myself using effects bank 1 for chained effects all the time and beat masher stays in slot 1 so what i wanted to do was when i turn the nob for it, to load beatmasher (which ive done) and to also turn on the effect when the knob is half way use the effect upto full then when it goes back past half way to turn it off (which i cant do) its saying its a button only control whereas ino it used to be able to map it as an encoder or knob, any one know how to do this would be great
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Tech Guru

man, I'm not sure how to do it for it to turn on when it's half way?

The best vid tutorial for general mapping of super knobs is ArmyofMe's. I'd start there. Then for it to turn on at a certain point I'm guess you're gonna have to map it similar to how Fader FX is mapped that when you bring the volume all the way down the last effect turns on.

When you are mapping the command and up top there are number values 0-7 I'm pretty sure that in the case of the VCI-100 0 means it's at full volume and 7 means it's a the bottoms. So may try mapping that command to = 3 or 4 and hopefully it will turn on when the knob hit's that value.

Hope this made sense. There is a post on the mapping forum that talks about how to semi map fader FX on other controller and it goes into details on how the numbers work.

I would also map the effect to load at 50% from the start and let the knob control it once it reaches 50% (soft take over).
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Guru

Yeah i know what you mean about it but for effect on/ off they dont seem to give u any values in the new mapping editor, i know in the old one it was really easy to do, the new mapping editor doesnt seem to offer as much in traktor 2
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.