Ableton and Deckadance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ableton and Deckadance

ANyone got much experience of this setup here?

Thinking fo taking a punt on Deckadance and using as a VST within Ableton so I can use VST effects as well as my own Ableton productions.

I have a few controllers, and seen that Deckadance comes with controllers like the VCI-100 in mind.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Tech Mentor

I'm really the only person around here (that I know of) that uses DD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfH4RRLhW8M

the new V1.9 is even better.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_o View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfH4RRLhW8M

really interesting...!

i'm liking the automated cue point juggling!

Quote Originally Posted by mike_o View Post

Do you use it live at then? Is it easy to do things on the fly?

I'm considering using Ableton, then use Deckadance as a VST inside Ableton and run effects like iZotope's Stutter Edit, Sugar Bytes' Effectrix etc.

Still looking into Deckadance at the moment before any purchase may be made. Is it fairly easy to set up and map? I'd be looking to use a VCI-100 with Deckadance and the Launchpad with it.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Ok going to just throw this out there, I know you don't want to hear it but.. Traktor sync'd with Ableton? I can see any benefits from using a program such as this in a plugin format. If you sync'd Trakor to Ableton you can launch clips in time and use quantised effects and on top of it all you have the creative aspects of Traktor as well.

Just my two cents..
    Macbook Pro / Xone 4D / Technic 1210's / Maschine / Traktor Scratch Pro 2
    /Loads of other crap I tend not to use.

Are you using DD with control vinyl?

Nope. No timecode.

I've just got the deckadance demo, and running inside Ableton it does feel quite creative with it's loops, relooper and effectrix possibilities.

My beef with Traktor is things sometimes get bogged down cos there's too many things posible almost. I just feel if it was a bit more stripped then it'd maybe stifle creative flow a bit less. Might be just the way I'm using it though!?

Don;t get me wrong, I love Traktor and use it live every time. However, running Traktor I sometimes feel that in one way it stifles my creative flow due to too many things to do, but on the other it can't do a lot of what I want and I get stifled for a second time.

Sounds crazy I know. Saying that, I'm the type who can never be arsed to save cue points, beat grid every track thoroughly etc so go tnobody to blame reall!

I've never used DD before, what additional functionality does it give Ableton?
    The enemy's gate is DOWN.

MacBook Pro | 2.16 Ghz C2D | 120 GB HDD | 3 GB RAM | 250 GB EX HDD
    Mac Pro | 2x2.88 Ghz Quad-Core | 320 GB HDD | 6 GB RAM | 1 TB EX HDD
    Ableton Suite | Akai APC 80 | Torq Xponent

Doesn't the demo add like five seconds of silence every few minutes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunford View Post
    Nope. No timecode.

I've just got the deckadance demo, and running inside Ableton it does feel quite creative with it's loops, relooper and effectrix possibilities.

My beef with Traktor is things sometimes get bogged down cos there's too many things posible almost. I just feel if it was a bit more stripped then it'd maybe stifle creative flow a bit less. Might be just the way I'm using it though!?

Don;t get me wrong, I love Traktor and use it live every time. However, running Traktor I sometimes feel that in one way it stifles my creative flow due to too many things to do, but on the other it can't do a lot of what I want and I get stifled for a second time.

Sounds crazy I know. Saying that, I'm the type who can never be arsed to save cue points, beat grid every track thoroughly etc so go tnobody to blame reall!
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by Bunford
    But you still use Live, right?

Truth is - there's no reason to use anything inside Live. Live can do EVERYTHING. Learn Live - don't get obsessed with trying multiple solutions.

Live can do EVERYTHING extremely well. (Except timecode!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast