Horrible Sound

Thread: Horrible Sound

Tech Student

Default Horrible Sound

Hey everyone,

excuse my first post for being a silly question. I recently went over to the digital world and picked up a vestax typhoon. I had it working on my PC wonderfully. I went out and bought a MBP today as I need something more mobile, followed the install to the T. However I am getting horrible grainy sound through both my speakers and my headphones. This happened on my pc as well untill I installed the ASIO drivers. Since Macbooks do not use ASIO drivers I am at a loss. I have tried reinstalling but this did not seem to work. Any ideas would be awesome as I feel like I just spent 1500 bucks for nothing :P.

Tech Wizard

Could be an issue with the latency, you may want to try decreasing it a bit. I had the same issue with my XoneX when I first got it. If decreasing doesn't help, trying increasing it (I forget which direction I had to adjust it).
    2x CDJ 900 | DJM 900 Nexus | TSP2 | 2011 15" MacBook Pro 2.2Ghz | KRK RP6 | Sennheiser HD 25-1 mkII

Tech Student

Gave that a try already, for some reason when ever I change the latency traktor does not recgonize the controller any longer and it does not work

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

What version of traktor?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Student

It's LE, strangely if I restart the Mac it works fine. When I close traktor and restart the grainy bad sound comes back.