come on guys lets get down with 10minmix - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Well, I mean, I can "manually" beatmatch by moving a pitch fader... but it's as good as sync cause I know what the BPMs are. This is where the manual vs sync argument kind of starts falling apart with me. What's the difference of hitting a button and having an accurate digital readout of my bpm's pre and post pitch fader?

If you decide to get into production you can always just be NikNak for that (and give a dog a bone)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Hey Xsquizet,

Funny you mentioned this, actually I was preparing one just for the fun of messing with Djtutor (Don´t get me wrong, I love Ellaskins he is a great teacher, actually I learned a lot from his videos). I am doing a mix which includes multiple decks, deck copy function, loop moving etc, the impossible for TTs. Lets hit them with the best shot, but rather post it at the begining of february that at the end of the month so we can get more visits and ratings. 1 hour on ministry of sound radio sounds tempting... not as much as a gig n bali... but that spot is taken

I am with you xsquizet but in february

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    But... but we can do so much more
    you're so right!
    imo it's important to beatmatch... but at some point you should just leave it and hit the sync button and invest your "performing time" in something much more important than simple beatmatching!

after this thread i was thinking about attending too, but this kinda keeps me away from it... also the rules state that points should be given ONLY for mixing, not for turntablism (and so they won't give points for controllerism either)...
    so i think we should just start our own monthly DJTT tenminmix competition - that would be so grand!
    well... i know i wouldn't even have the slightest chance to be in the top 20 in such a competition, but it would be fun and everyone could learn from each other (watching their techniques in the videos)!

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

well i say screw the rule, I say feb. is straight to, but if we hit dj tutor hard with our videos maybe he will see something, because there is a lack of people using traktor or ableton.

lets do feb see where we place if its biased start are own comp. if the person wins the comp they get interviewed and put on the front page or something like that.

but i want to show dj tutor that we considered dj's also
    www.myspace.com/djxsquizet
    my arsenal:
    2x vestax pdx, numark dxm09, m-audio x session pro, and ableton live 6.

I spin hip hop/electro/top 40

my 10minmix video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAgSmaG4zM

Quote Originally Posted by djxsquizet View Post
    if the person wins the comp they get interviewed and put on the front page or something like that.
    If you win you get 1 hour at ministry of sound radio. Not bad !

that ain't bad either, but i was talking about if djtechtools did there own comp
    www.myspace.com/djxsquizet
    my arsenal:
    2x vestax pdx, numark dxm09, m-audio x session pro, and ableton live 6.

I spin hip hop/electro/top 40

my 10minmix video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAgSmaG4zM

Sure that is a great idea. Though I have always imagine a comp were the tracks are already define, for instance they give you five tracks and everyone needs to show what they can do with them. Would love to see that.

Tech Mentor

I'll enter for Feb. with you guys too

Tech Wizard

I think this sounds like a good way to push myself from my initial learning. Just got my VCI a few weeks ago, but recording a few mixes before early february will narrow in my skills, if I can ignore all the hater YouTube comments.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Well, I mean, I can "manually" beatmatch by moving a pitch fader... but it's as good as sync cause I know what the BPMs are. This is where the manual vs sync argument kind of starts falling apart with me. What's the difference of hitting a button and having an accurate digital readout of my bpm's pre and post pitch fader?
    Agreed

Kinda like when people are on you about “knowing” the bpm of a track from reading the bpm window on your software. And when you tell them that, “but that is like if I have figured out the bpm in some way beforehand and have it written down on the sleeve of the vinyl I’m about to play”

The response I usually get

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast