How to get back a part of a tsi file ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default How to get back a part of a tsi file ?

Is it possible to do a kind of copypasta of a part of a tsi file in order to add it in another tsi file ? Actually I'd like to get back some mappings from a file, and from another, and to copy them into my tsi file. Does anyone know how to do it ?

you can take a midi map from one file and add it to a key map of another but you cant take the transport controls of a midi map and sub them into a midi map set out to control fx,
    this is something NI need to address, i'd prefer if i could split my midi maps up into sections, a folder per deck, sub folders for looping, hot cue etc, instead of one huge list.

Tech Wizard

I'm sorry but I can't speak/understand english very well and I'm not sure to understand what you said... what do you mean by midi map and key map ? Then how can I do what you said I could do ? (take a midi map from one file and add it to a key map of another)

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

key map=keyboard map (the computer keyboard TSI file)

midi map=the TSI for the midi controllers.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

key map refers to keyboard short cuts and midi map refers to a midi controller,
    if you use the import button and select the .tsi file you want to import, it will give you a list of items in that .tsi file, just unselect what ever you do not need and it will import the rest.

English to French translation

carte principale se rapporte à raccourcis clavier et la carte midi se réfère à un contrôleur MIDI,
    si vous utilisez le bouton Importer et sélectionnez le fichier. tsi vous souhaitez importer, il vous donnera une liste d'éléments dans ce fichier. tsi, il suffit de désélectionner ce que jamais vous n'avez pas besoin et il va importer le reste.

http://translate.google.com/# hope this helps,

Tech Wizard

Thanks, but that's not what I was looking for... Actually I'm looking for a way to get back some parts of tsi file I've downloaded, and to add some features to my tsi, without having to rewrite them or to give up my tsi file... I hope you'll understand what im tryin to say...
    Last edited by swenger; 04-26-2011 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggers View Post
    i'd prefer if i could split my midi maps up into sections, a folder per deck, sub folders for looping, hot cue etc, instead of one huge list.
    you can do them as seperate pages/midi devices. modifiers are per page though, so if you had a shift button, you'd have to map it on all pages... on the flip of that, more mods if you need them!!

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

@Brad . Is this new to traktor 2, i haven't upgraded due to a 5yr old laptop not meeting the min specs.

@ Swenger. I've never done that, i hope someone else can solve it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggers View Post
    @Brad . Is this new to traktor 2, i haven't upgraded due to a 5yr old laptop not meeting the min specs.

@ Swenger. I've never done that, i hope someone else can solve it for you.
    no, done it traktor 1 as well, create new generic midi and set in/out as normal and then map away.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

how does that generate folders?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast