Denon DN-SC2000
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Denon DN-SC2000

Tech Convert

Default Denon DN-SC2000

Im thinking of picking a Denon DN-SC2000. Just wanted to see if theres any owners here of this unit and if its any good? Thanks.

DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post
    Respect.
    15.4 mbp i5, NI X-1(x2), Allen & Heath Xone-42, NI Audio 4dj , TSP 2.0.1, Stanton Uberstand.

I have 2 and love them. Only complaint I have is that I wish the FX & Filter knobs were smooth instead of notched rotary but it doesn't affect the mix, just a tactile preference.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Yeah i agree with sir real on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

I like mine...

Have a buddy with sausage fingers that thought they might be a really awesome alternative to just using cdj (I might have planted that seed)

He totally hates them... But then again, the way he plays, i.e. never using sync because he doesn't beat-grid manually (cause he could care less about sync, he was really just looking for a CDJ "analogue" with a software/midi controller combo) as well as having large fingers that knock the tempo fader when pitch bending on the platter, they really are not right for him...

Should really just stick to burning CD's.
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Please do not bother me about being a productive member of society.

Quote Originally Posted by Philippro View Post
    Respect.
    That link made my night.
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/

for the same price more or less as an X1 it blows it outta the water (IMO), more controls and a better layout

If this is your only controller I'd go for an X1, but I do really like the Denon.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I'd say it really depends on where he's coming from. If he's a former CDJ user and wants to keep using a touch sensitive jog wheel then the Denon. If he wants to go strictly the "controllerist" route using sync then the X1 might be the better choice. Either one is a great controller IMO.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast