Getting paid to leave early! :(
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Getting paid to leave early! :(

Tonight this happened!

Quite frankly we were commissioned to play a drum and bass mix (as seen in our signature), people weren't enjoying it because the sound system was not up to par (they had no subwoofers - no joke) and the manager kindly asked us to leave early as people weren't enjoying the music . . .

The crowd were young (16-18) and NONE of them recognised the infamous 'smack my bitch up'! So we moved onto more 'mainstream' drum and bass by Chase and Status and Nero for example and none of them enjoyed it! There is only so much you can do if you are commisioned to play a drum and bass set (literally played every sub genre - liquid, jump up, neurofunk) and no one enjoyed it! . . .

We kept trying everything we could do but nout happened and eventually we were asked to leave. But 2 weeks ago we played this exact mix at a night supporting the Scratch Perverts (on a Friday night) and we had so many compliments on a different night and a different club!!

What would you do in this situation??
    | TSP2 | Behringer DJX 750 | NI Audio 8 | Asus Eee PC | Novation Launchpad | Kontrol X1 | 2x Technics 1210 MK II's

Just roll with the punches. You win some, you lose some.
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

I quote mine and the managers discussion:

Manager "Sorry your music is TOO loud"
    Me "Our music isn't too loud, your soundsystem is TOO quiet!" :P

Oh well we refuse to ever play at that club again, unless it changes ownership and has a major rehaul! Not really to fussed as we were guest DJ's and we are residents at another club in Hereford.
    | TSP2 | Behringer DJX 750 | NI Audio 8 | Asus Eee PC | Novation Launchpad | Kontrol X1 | 2x Technics 1210 MK II's

Hereford? You play drum and bass in Hereford? I thought Hereford was full of retirees and cows!?!? No wonder they didn't like it!
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Hey :P

We have on decent club (the Jailhouse) where they have booked chase and status, pendulum, dj fresh, netsky, high rankin, spor, Darren styles etc and we are booked to support breakage in June

So we aren't so old but tonight we were asked to play in one of the more mainstream clubs in Hereford!

if youre free to switch genres then do that. anyways i dont get who books bass music to be played on half a soundsystem to a crowd that doesnt like it.

in some scenarios theres not much you can do i think.

btw, drop a link to one of your mixes. download preferred!
    "its not designed to impress mozart ffs its meant for ppl to rave out to." - unknown
    LAZERNOIZE Latest Gig Recording (50Min. of Trap+Dubstep)

Never talk shit about another club/promoter/night/owner...we are all in this together...

You didnt...just telling the other peeps...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

yeah dood. i bet you guys coulda switched it up and played a more elcectic mid.

i mean you still got paid didnt you? it would be a different story if the guy was like.... "hey people dont liek this... sorry get out.... yeah no money for you"

that would be bullshit
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Tech Student

i would practice if i were you

Tech Wizard

You weren't allowed to try another genre like some house dance music or something? But yeah if your trying to let the crowd dance with dnb Gold dust - Dj fresh will always get you on the move! Gets me pumping even when i'm tired

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast