TouchOSC 1.7 now midi compatible? No OSCulator?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default TouchOSC 1.7 now midi compatible? No OSCulator?

http://hexler.net/news/back-to-the-future

Does this mean what i think it means? A much easier way to use Midi directly with traktor and touch OSC without using OSCulator?
    MBPro - UC-33e - Audio 10 - TSP2 - Xone 22 - 1210's - Mackie MR5's

Tech Wizard

I was wondering the same as well, downloaded the update but i still wonder if i could do this through USB, but something tells me otherwise. I know the update supports MIDI connection to a MIDI controller.
    The name's gh0stline - Traktor Kontrol s4 - Midi Figther - iPhone 4 TouchOSC

I don't think it works through USB yet, still through Wifi (I think)

Tech Mentor

From what I can tell, it works through the usb connector on the ipad ONLY... WiFi is working great!

I was wondering what would happen first, TouchOSC supporting MIDI, or Traktor supporting OSC...

Tech Mentor

UPDATE: Ok, I played around with it and according to the windows driver, the latency is 0ms (this is through my normal wifi network, NOT an ad-hoc network. the iphone is on wifi and the pc is behind a couple of 100mb switches).

In actual testing, I can pretty much confirm that. I couldn't see any meaningful delay whatsoever. My current setup involves midi-ox to translate cc messages from touchosc into note-on/off messages. I only did this due to the terrible interface for selecting notes in the editor... You either type in the letter notes (c-2, b0, etc) or click two tiny buttons to cycle through the options. Being a programmer, I'm used to referring to the note numbers, not the names

That aside, setup and configuration was a breeze.. There's a great tutorial for windows, and for mac.

So far the only downside I can find is the poor editor interface for selecting notes, and the fact that it doesn't send midi data when changing pages, other than that I believe I'll be sticking with MIDI instead of OSC.

Until OSC becomes more supported...

Thanks for your feedback! I followed your link and managed to set up TouchOSC on my mac with a custom layout! I'm loving it! Fantastic next to my UC-33e. I have never bothered with it before because I didn't want to use additional software to convert the OSC messages to midi, now you don't need any additional software (with mac) it's brilliant and really easy to set up! Now I really want an iPad and a real analog mixer.

Damn, meanwhile, the Android version is stuck in the dark ages.

Quote Originally Posted by bumtsch View Post
    Damn, meanwhile, the Android version is stuck in the dark ages.
    Yeah. Making me want to get an eye pad.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Tech Mentor

It's hard to tell the difference bewtween this an MidiTouch now they've added coremidi to TouchOSC. MidiTouch is still ahead imo for those not wanting to use OSCulator or PD altho they look like they're gonna be nigh on identical soon.
    They both work gr8 for me with 2 cheapo USB to midi cables, 2 midi to midi adapters and a camera kit, on my iPad, if you're worried about using wireless

I mite have to check miditouch out!

Hasn't TouchOSC on Android got midi?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast